Greebo needs a new Avatar

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
Not that the one you have isn't nice, but this one is better....

ACK! PBBT! Who's ugly mug is that! Never seen that face b'fore in m'life!!! Honest!

I already sized it for you... just drop it in. Ain't Photoshop great???

I AM tempted to post the aerial photo you took of FDK just for Ben....

Gosh I don't even remember that photo...was it the one where we were inverted? ;-)

I was thinking this would be a better avatar...

Greebo said:
Gosh I don't even remember that photo...was it the one where we were inverted? ;-)

I was thinking this would be a better avatar...

Maybe when we got in the steep spiral.... I took the picture so that means you were flying... OR MAYBE NOT - OH, NO!.... :p ;)

I think if you can grab the upper right frame from this one, it's a lot funnier....

http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/archive/getfuzzy-20050220.html

I like that one, Skip. I've always been a Calvin and Hobbes fan! I wanted to name our oldest son Calvin Hobbes, but my wife wouldn't hear of it! Our last name is pronounced with the "long I" vowel sound, rhymes with Heinz. She didn't like Calvin Kainz, said it sounded too much like Calvin Klein.

Here's one that I wanted use. I needed to resize it and while I got a round tuit I resized that old one of me at Meigs.

BTW, the free Image Resizer in the Microsoft XP Power Toys is way cool.

gkainz said:
Will it work in Win2K?

Dunno. I Googled and they don't say.

You could try to install it and see if it refuses to install. I don't think there are technical issues but MS may have put in a OS check as one more little plug to get you to upgrade to XP. I've found that a lot of XP things work on my older Win2K PC. They're both based on the NT kernel so they should work.

BTW, the way to call Image Resizer up is subtle. You right click on an image in explorer and you'll see a resize option on the menu. I spent a few minutes trying to figure where the program and icon was installed before I figured that out.

The Task Switcher is neat, too. The Clear Type utility worked fine, but it seems to say it's intended for LCDs. Since my PC has CRTs I uninstalled it.

I like the "innovations" that get near, almost, close, almost to Mac functionality.

Last edited:
mikea said:
... but MS may have put in a OS check as one more little plug to get you to upgrade to XP.

Yep, lovely...

mikea said:
BTW, the way to call Image Resizer up is subtle. You right click on an image in explorer and you'll see a resize option on the menu. I spent a few minutes trying to figure where the program and icon was installed before I figured that out.

Strike two...just switched to Firefox after being shamed into it by my son.

mikea said:
I like the "innovations" that get near, almost, close, almost to Mac functionality.

Yeah, wanna see what features are in the works for M/S next year? Check out last year's Mac O/S ...

OK, so how do I make my rats.jpg appear in-line futher up the message, like right after "Yep, lovely" ?

gkainz said:
OK, so how do I make my rats.jpg appear in-line futher up the message, like right after "Yep, lovely" ?

That depends on whether you are hosting the image yourself, or are uploading it to the forum as an attachment.

If you are hosting the image yourself, then when you are posting, you should see this icon
insertimage.gif
in the toolbar directly above the post interface. Put the cursor where you want your image, click that icon, and enter the url for the pic. on your hosted provider.

If you are uploading the image as an attachment, it will always appear at the bottom of the picture. (However I finally figured out why attachments were showing up as links instead of pictures, and have, I hope, fixed it.)

Thanks, Chuck. That was my guess, but wasn't real sure. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to handle all this M/S look-alike stuff...starting to break out in hives already... :)

gkainz said:
Strike two...just switched to Firefox after being shamed into it by my son.

Wrong explorer. I meant Windows Explorer - the files and folders tree window thingee, not Internet Explorer. I don't think I've run IE in over a year.

Yeah, wanna see what features are in the works for M/S next year? Check out last year's Mac O/S ...

Wait 'til OS X v10.4 Tiger ships with the terrific Spotlight search feature by July 2005 and MS claims Apple just ripped off what Microsoft will have in Windows Longhorn shipping in 2007. (A MS executive actually said something like that once about another "innovation." Try to parse the logic.)

My hopeless neighbor asked me what laptop his girlfriend should get. I sad - in no uncertain terms - get an iBook:
http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2005/01/31/mac_is_the_future/index_np.html

Well, yeah. Remember when Win 95 came out? "The look and feel of....Apple 85" ...sort of.

Back