Great weekend to be flying in NJ

pgengler

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Phil G
I don't think I could have asked for a better weekend to do some flying than we just had. On Saturday I was up with my instructor and you could see everything. He said it was the kind of day you rarely get in the summer, usually a spring/winter type day, but without the strong winds those bring. We ended up heading down to Flying W (N14) and back, flying over my old neighborhood on the return trip, without even really trying.

Then on Sunday morning, it was just me and my first local-area solo stuff (other than a few laps in the traffic patterns at a couple of nearby airports). This was great. I like flying even with the instructor but there's something about being up there by yourself, being able to do what you want, that's a really great feeling. I managed to get up before the nasty weather came through later, when the skies were still only partly cloudy. There was hardly a bit of wind to be found; it was the smoothest ride I've had so far.

Hopefully the weather this coming weekend is as good when I do it again! (Then onto XC stuff the weekend after that.)

I bet it would have been a great day to fly in NJ. Unfortunately, I was driving from Baltimore to Massachusetts. Four hours from the Delaware Memorial Bridge to the Garden State Parkway.

My contract was not working on the bridge this weekend! But I did fly over the office and twin bridges!

Yep, great wx weekend. We went to KOXB Ocean City, MD for the day and managed a night landing upon returning home to KILG. OXB was packed but service was very good.

Sadly, by the time the glider club usually meets , Sunday was a total bust down at 47N. Saturday I had to work- it certainly did look like good flying weather. Glad somebody got to enjoy it...:D

Back