Great P-51 Video

Great story, Great man, Great plane and some Great grandkids!

Thanks

Man, if that doesn't bring tears to your eyes...

Listening to the radio the other morning, they were saying we are losing WWII veterans at the average rate of 1,500 per day. We have so much to learn from those men and women before they are gone. They can never be appreciated enough for what was done for the rest of us.

Does anyone know if there will there be a future gathering of Mustangs and Legends? I'd like to make it to the next time.

That is a GREAT video thanks for posting.

It's unclear to me though:

Is this the actual original "February"? Or just painted to look like the original?

thanks

Is this the actual original "February"? Or just painted to look like the original?

thanks
Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure why, but I was assuming it to be painted in the markings of February. Except for the Memphis Belle, I don't know of any other warbird that has it's original paint scheme and markings.

Wow.

The twilight of these eagles is bittersweet: it's sad that they are leaving us, but we are so damn lucky to have them around in our lifetimes.
I hope this foundation helps their memory live on.

Great video,.. neat to hear him tell of approaching the plane and preparing for the mission. Sad to know that there are many others that closed the canopy, and didn't return.

The photos from the Gathering of the Mustangs were amazing, so neat to have that history all in one place.

thanks
Painted to look like it:
http://www.grayeagles.org/about.htm said:
In truth, those stories did more than that. Woods went on to become an accomplished pilot and restored a tired old Mustang, which he painted identically to the Mustang Brooks flew in Europe, “February”. It would become Woods’ homage to a man who ignited his desire for flight and helped fuel his passion for history.

Back