Great Lakes Pilots Febraury Fly-In

LeonardMack

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
LeonardMack
In February we will be heading to Columbus, Indiana to KBAK for our fly-in. GLP member Zach Tucker has even arranged for us to have a private tour of the museum on field.

BAK airport features the Hangar 5 restaurant and the Atterbury - Bakalar Air Museum. This is a two-for one stop!

Hangar 5 is located in the terminal with great views of all runways. Prices are very reasonable.

Atterbury - Bakalar Air Museum ( http://atterburybakalarairmuseum.org) is located right on the premises of KBAK.

BAK is a great little Classs D airport that is very easy to get in and out of.
The plan is to meet at the restaurant at noon for lunch and them go over to the museum at 1:30pm for the tour.

For more details and to sign up - visit www.greatlakespilots.org

I can't believe no one has said they're going.

If I still had my Cherokee, I'd go just to make up for that!

It's too far for me right now. Plus I have the Glider fly-in next month and Gastons to budget for.

Yeah, the Great Lakes Flyins really should just be called the Inhio fly ins. Indiana shouldn't even qualify as being in the Great Lakes since they only have about 40 miles of shoreline. This one is almost in Kentucky.

Phooey! It sounds like a really cool airport, and I'll go if I can recruit a passenger to share expenses.

Yeah, the Great Lakes Flyins really should just be called the Inhio fly ins. Indiana shouldn't even qualify as being in the Great Lakes since they only have about 40 miles of shoreline. This one is almost in Kentucky.

Haha, yeah, Indiana doens't have much of a Great Lake shoreline, but the AOPA even has them in that region, but not Ohio, which has much more Great Lake shoreline. Doesn't make sense!

Visit greatlakespilots.org and suggest some possible fly-in locations up in Michigan. The only one suggested has been AZO. Every month we put up several locations for a vote. I know this summer we will be hitting some of the more northern locations, including some islands on the lakes.

And by the way, the fly-in to KBAK was rescheduled to March 17th due to the weather this past weekend and the museum being closed for a few weeks.

Back