Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Cool Places to Fly' started by EdFred, Jan 25, 2013.
FB? What's that?
Never saw the need or use for it.
FB is basically for my extended familiy. And there are some pilots in there- but mostly the family I don't get to see often.
I go about once a month just to see what's what and to keep the account open.
I deleted mine. The only trouble I had was they insisted I put down a reason. I finally typed in "because my wife told me to" and poof it was gone.
Okay I just filled out a "deletion request" on FB. They didn't ask me any questions, just had me prove I was a human a la Captcha. But they said it takes 14 days to actually delete the account. We'll see... my guess is I'm going to be absolutely SPAMMED with junk from FB over the next two weeks.
I deactivated (or whatever they call it) my LI account a long time ago. Hasn't stopped the robo-linkup "requests".
Linked in is the only place that sends me spam I can't get rid of. you have to have an account to stop all the E-mails. Bleech!
Yep. Last night in a fit of inspiration I actually CLOSED my LI account. This morning... more spam from them.
Once they have your email address, there is apparently no way to stop the spam other than to delete the address...
What email service are you using (and what sort of mobile device if applicable)? Wonder if you can't just route email from their domain to a folder that you don't look at and that doesn't get delivered to your mobile device(s).
Blame your "friends" who joined linked in and gave them your email address.
I have a 99s meeting also. We have our meetings the 3rd. Sunday.
Maybe next time
Oh dear ... I think we've picked the third weekend of each month for lunch.
Maybe we could do a Saturday once in a while
So at this point who do we have going? I have two total in my aircraft.
I'm in. +/- Susan depending on if any ladies are coming....
leslie prellwitz...joe selch...
I'm pretty sure both Liz's will be there.
My airplane is back together enough for a short cross-country in good weather... Planning on a breakfast/ lunch foodie double-header... KCMI- KRPJ- 05C. 2 in my airplane. I think Leslie P. has already said she has a 99's meeting tomorrow, Dr. Bruce. Liz B. is planning on being there!
I am strongly considering going. I need more cross country time for my instrument rating anyway.
Liz A. is planning on being there too.
Both Liz's what?
I'll be there. (Unless fresh snow at the airport confounds my efforts.)
I hope Susan decides to come with, Dr. Bruce.
Thought you were goin to the 99s meeting?
Me? I'm not Leslie Prellwitz, although I understand how you could get us confused!
Well you are practically twins.
A lot is going to depend on the weather in SW MI tomorrow. It looks like conditions underneath could be IFR in places, and I sure wouldn't want to chance getting into the clouds producing the snow. It's either go around 'em or top 'em.
Might be worth going south into OH first, and then coming back up around south of GSH...
KAZO 170113Z 1701/1724 25006KT 4SM -SN BR SCT019 OVC040
TEMPO 1701/1703 2SM -SHSN BKN015
FM170300 32008KT P6SM SCT025 OVC035
FM170500 02003KT P6SM FEW035
FM171400 VRB03KT 4SM -SHSN SCT025 BKN035
FM171800 25006KT P6SM BKN050
KSBN 162340Z 1700/1724 30010KT 3SM -SHSN SCT025 OVC040
TEMPO 1700/1704 1SM -SHSN OVC020
FM170400 30008KT 2SM -SHSN OVC025
FM170800 30008KT 3/4SM -SHSN BR OVC015
FM171100 30008KT 3SM -SHSN OVC025
FM171600 23007KT P6SM BKN025
KGYY 162329Z 1700/1724 31008KT P6SM VCSH BKN040
FM170900 33006KT P6SM SCT040
FM171200 VRB03KT P6SM SKC
FM172000 17009KT P6SM FEW150 BKN200 AMD NOT SKED 1704/1706
Hmmmn. Looks like lake effect as the high is moving in, never can tell about them. but the 3 hr from now skewT at GPZ looks like it's clearing out.
Hope to see you there. Looks like once into Indiana you'll be clear, though might have to go to Goshen before turning west. South of the lake should be clear....
Sue decided to come.
Provided things clear up for me in the morning south of Cleveland, I will be there. Might be a little late.
Not necessarily. Look at the 15Z GAirmet... it shows a thin strip of IFR due to precip/BR right across NW IN. Might have to go a bit farther south than GSH. The winds start out NWerly in the morning, then swing west and then south.
I'll have to see what the morning brings. If it's just a few miles out of the way I'll do it, but not if I have to go all the way down to the latitude of FWA.
Hope to see both of you!
My wife will be coming, looking forward to seeing the folks from the last fly in and meeting some new ones.
Hey no kiddin. SBN is said to stop snowing by:
10:00am CST (1600Z)wind 230° at 7 knots, visibility greater than 6 miles, 2,500 feet broken.
If you're not there we'll miss you but for sure going outside your comfort envelope is not worth it.... B
Below is a prediction, nothing more....tops at ~6500.
I'm withholding judgement and worry until I'm ready to launch. And, even then, I may well decide to play it by ear, since I'll be at least another hour+ out. (WX everywhere else I'm likely to be looks like it will be fine - even if it isn't, I can set down and enjoy an afternoon in Podunk.)
Coming in from the south looks to be a bit easier. Possible MVFR around the north IN area but clearing. The morning forecast should remove doubts.
Give it the ole college try Kris. If you see something you don't like turn around. Hope to see you there.
What airplane to airplane freq we gonna use?
Unless the forecast for this area is a TOTAL dud and it's still snowing here in the morning, I'm definitely going SOMEWHERE tomorrow since the preheater fires are lit. Maybe I'll end up at Podunk too...
An hour later could make all the difference though.
Bruce: yes, topping the clouds is a possibility too, provided they have an end. That Skew-T should get refined with a later run.
And GYY clear at 0300 local. So the crud should end....we will seeeeee......
That's right, you weren't at Muncie - we're actually sisters
Everyone have fun at MiTierra - been there for 99s meetings in the past, even if I had to take the wingless chariot - sounds like you'll have a great group! My meeting is in the other direction this time - up at 3CK.
We are currently getting a LOT of snow... If there is not a turnaround of this weather in 3 hours I'm staying on the ground :/
Understood Kris. It should be clearing out at least we hope it will for you.
Does the airplane you rent sit outside?
Leaving for the airport now... plan is to file and go on top at 8000.
They usually pull the ones that are scheduled the next day into the maintenance hangar overnight, so if it clears up, I'm probably good to go.
That's good to hear. I am waiting on the wife so we can head to the hangar.
At my hangar... Quick pass w shovel and I'll be off.
Airplanes' warm...departing in about 40 mins.