Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Feb 16/17 is the 3rd weekend, so lets meet somewhere for lunch that's:

East of the Mississippi River
North of the Ohio River

Suggestions?

Pick someplace and we can start scheduling. It can be as far from Kent as you want he is flying the rocket!!!!

I haven't been to either, so they both sound good to me. Guess I'd lean towards Rochester IN, since it might attract more of our IL & WI friends.

Nice call, Julie!

I have company coming that weekend and can't make it but I'll throw out Eagle Creek (KEYE) for your consideration. It's one of the best stops in OH, IN. Rick's Boatyard Cafe is real food...not the typical airport glorified diner food.
http://rickscafeboatyard.com/indianapolis-home.html

It would also be a great place to throw an impromptu evening/overnight party sometime. There are hotels nearby, Rick's has live music almost every night and always on Friday and Saturday, great food and a good bar.

And it's immediately across the street from the airport.

4842446.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to go. My birthday is the 16th and I'll be in GR near the plane for that.

I'd like to go. My birthday is the 16th and I'll be in GR near the plane for that.

I live just off the approach end of 35 and keep mine at Hastings. We can either fly formation, or split fuel.

I have company coming that weekend and can't make it but I'll throw out Eagle Creek (KEYE) for your consideration. It's one of the best stops in OH, IN. Rick's Boatyard Cafe is real food...not the typical airport glorified diner food.
http://rickscafeboatyard.com/indianapolis-home.html

It would also be a great place to throw an impromptu evening/overnight party sometime. There are hotels nearby, Rick's has live music almost every night and always on Friday and Saturday, great food and a good bar.

And it's immediately across the street from the airport.

4842446.jpg

Been there several times and, yes it is a great place, literally a couple hundred steps from your parked aircraft. I'll be watching this thread...

If we both go, it will be the first time I've knowingly been in the same room with someone with the same birthday as me.

I can't do the 16th - I need to be downtown GR at 3:30 on the 16th. I can do Sunday the 17th.

Damn. I've always wanted to have an excuse to fly into Athens, too. One of my kids was going to school there for 5 minutes.

Actually my Saturday has also been booked helping a 95 year old friend take somed stuff to the dump. I am working on a fix for that problem but Sunday would probably work better for me as well

Lol, Sunday would be better for me, too.

Btw, no birthday roll, just an overhead break. :rolleyes:

Well I'll have missed the first two Saturday morning ground school sessions for the new club 182, but might be able to make the third, which will probably be on the 16th. So Sunday probably works better for me too...

I will have to make sure I have my handheld with me next time. We can go out and video landings and breaks over the field. Just kidding.

So we're looking at Sunday, 2/17, at KRCR? 1PM EST? What restaurant? We may be able to make it, even if Kent can't.

So we're looking at Sunday, 2/17, at KRCR? 1PM EST? What restaurant? We may be able to make it, even if Kent can't.

I've eaten at 2 or 3 of them. Karen's is on the South side, and if there's snow, there's no parking right across the street like in the summer. They do have a courtesy car. I've also eaten at one on the west side of the road.

OK, so I've been told that Karen's had closed, reopened as something else, and shut down again. Google maps shows nothing adjacent anymore.

So, suggestions?

Your the boss man on this trip Ed, tell us what we are doing!!!!

I'm not familiar with the area or airports, so these may be totally lousy (in more ways than one), but keeping w the "centrally located in northern IN" theme ...

C65 - Plymouth Muni - walk to Mi Camino Real
05C - Griffith-Merrillville - Mi Tierra on field

I'm not familiar with the area or airports, so these may be totally lousy (in more ways than one), but keeping w the "centrally located in northern IN" theme ...

C65 - Plymouth Muni - walk to Mi Camino Real
05C - Griffith-Merrillville - Mi Tierra on field

I was also looking at BAK and 4I7 both on the field.

I could do 05C. Be a nice buzz down the shoreline. Grant and Leslie probably wouldn't even get the oil warm.

If we do 05C, I might as well jump 5 miles west and add another state to my map. :D

For that matter, is there anything worth checking out at IGQ? Foreflight lists restaurants Shannon's Landing and Margarita's.

Ill plan on Sunday. Just tell me where and when. Ed, formation sounds good to me. We can decide when we get details figured out. I'm not sure if my girlfriend will be coming.

Liz, I had no idea. I don't think I've ever met anyone with my birthday either.

I have 3 guys from Ohio in the AM and we could probably make 4I7 by 12N EST....maybe more like 12:30, though (Marty Bevill, are you reading this?). The time zones work against us, though.

Thanks for the reminder Bruce, I needed to make an appointment for my 6 months check up and blood work to prepare for my visit to the AME. Looking forward to meeting you.

I am hearing 4I7 or KBAK, just need to know where it will be!! Opps didn't see 05C can do that too.

Back