Great Lakes/Midwest April Lunch

I'll bring a couple of packs of hot dogs and brats. Mustard and ketchup as well. No joy on the furniture as all my "externals" are semi permanent.

Cheers

Stay and eat...

Wayne.............4

USAF Museum opens at 0900 and closes at 1700. I will have people lined up to transport people based on their anticipate arrival at KMGY, and will be on a phone call basis to pick them up. It is about a half hour drive to the museum from KMGY. I will let people tell me when they want to come back and eat but thought a dinner time of 1700 to 1800 would work for most and still give them time to fly home. If you only want to spend a few hours at the Museum I will try to accommodate that and if you decide to just hang around the airport and hangar fly that is ok as well.

There is also a neat little museum at Urbanna that has a few older aircraft, DC-4, B-25, Fairchild, B-26 and they are rebuilding a B-17. This airport is 20 minutes flying time from KMGY and would make for a good day trip if you would rather not go to the USAF Museum.

Wait, I thought the idea was lunch followed by a museum visit for anyone interested. Dinner MIGHT be doable too... but if conditions are IFR back home we will probably be out since the (now) only approach into VLL is NA at night.

If some would rather eat lunch and then go to the museum that can happen as well. Your choice!

Also have a couple folding chairs, will try to remember them.

#1 priority needs to be cleaning out the inside of the car so it can seat more than 2

I will be able to transport three in my car and if required, can switch to carry four in my wife's car.

If we want to run a shuttle type deal, I can hang around at the Museum to talk about some of the airplanes I was associated with when I worked @ WPAFB. Take the first group out and bring last group back.

Don't want to make it a "too hard" so when ETA's are set, we can go as a mob or as individual "flights".

Cheers

Last edited:
Sounds great. I was also thinking you might be able to shuttle to and from the auxiliary hanger if you stayed at the museum. Sounds like the shuttle fills up pretty quick.

Cylinders supposed to be put on Monday. We will see.

Tim should be around. I will probably stay around MGY if u need help with anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have to move my attendance to "tentative" as I have to work through some family matters.

This is the list I have to date:
Handle---------------- Name ----------------Aircraft ------------------Qty ------------------Eating
JoeSelch
----------------Liz ---------------------RV-6 ----------------------1
Azure
--------------------Liz -------------------C-177---------------------- 2
Dana D
-----------------Dana ------------------------------------------Tentative
EdFred
-------------------Ed ----------------Comanche------------------ 1
Grant & Leslie -------------------------------Bonanza -------------------2
RV10Flyer------------
Wayne ----------------RV-10 ----------------------4 -------------------------4
Steinger

And those helping:

Geezer
Duncan
Justin
Matt
Art

Please give me updates if you have them.

I have made a list of items we should need. If you can bring some of the small things let me know.

Geezer is going to bring some Brats and Dogs
I will get the burgers and what ever else is needed.
Following is a list of items, Just let me know if you can bring some of the smaller items.

• Burgers. Total attending x 2 Tim
  • Dogs, Geezer
  • Buns. Match burgers
  • Ketchup, Geezer

• Mustard, Geezer

• Mayo, Tim
  • Cheese, Tim
  • Pickles, Tim
  • Chips,
  • Pop, Tim
  • Potato Salad

• Macaroni salad

• Cookies and or brownies

So far only Wayne has confirmed eating so let me know your plans. The extended weather is calling for clouds and a chance for rain.

Sunday is not an option for me as I have other plans so lets hope for good weather on Saturday.

Last edited:
Thanks Tim, for the kind words. i will throw it out there. If anyone has any web resources they can point me to for dealing with underinsured health situations, I will be very thankful. Small business owners in the red and now having health issues, Ozarks area. Sigh.

With the time zone difference, I don't see getting there much before 11:00 local. There seems to be some confusion on whether the plan is for lunch or dinner on the field. And we're tentative based on whether I'm current in the plane per club rules or can get an exemption.

I just need a consensus on the timing from those coming. I thought some might want to spend more of the day at the museum which is why I was thinking a late afternoon meal, but I am hosting this for you guys and gals so tell me what works best for you. The Museum is open from 0900 to 1700. For that mater I don't mind firing up the grille for both meals if that's what works. Some might just want to head up to the Wright Hanger and stick around the airport and talk. I am up for that as well. I have you and Leslie down for 1100 arrival. Commander Air has the better fuel prices.

Hey - new poster here, been lurking for awhile. Just as an FYI, I went to the Museum this weekend, arrived at 0945 on Saturday and they had already booked all tours / access to the Presidential and R&D Hangars for the day. I don't know if they do ahead-of-time group registration for access, but it may behoove whoever's coordinating this to give it a shot.

Already thought of that. Actually Duncan mentioned it. When I get some arrival times I will call them and see what can be done. One of our locals is planning to hang out at the museum and might be able to shuttle people to the Pres Exp hangar.

I just need a consensus on the timing from those coming. I thought some might want to spend more of the day at the museum which is why I was thinking a late afternoon meal, but I am hosting this for you guys and gals so tell me what works best for you. The Museum is open from 0900 to 1700. For that mater I don't mind firing up the grille for both meals if that's what works. Some might just want to head up to the Wright Hanger and stick around the airport and talk. I am up for that as well. I have you and Leslie down for 1100 arrival. Commander Air has the better fuel prices.
An update on me. My bringing a passenger is about 50/50 right now (I won't have a better idea until late in the week, and probably not for sure until Sat morning; hope that's okay). I can bring chips or anything else solid and non-perishable, if someone can let me know how much to bring.

I have back-to-back exams to give Mon night/Tue morning so I won't be up for an all day event, and probably won't do the museum visit. I'd prefer a lunch meetup to dinner (thinking of arriving around noon), but if the consensus turns out to be dinner only (and assuming conditions at home are VFR) I could shift my plans and arrive later.

Liz,

If the weather holds out we will likely have around 10 or 11 people. I would think a couple bags of chips would be plenty.

Thanks for the offer and I have you down for a 1200 arrival.

If you want to show up before or after just walk on down to hangar 34. I should be there.

Hangar 34 is in the first row (northern) of silver hangars and I am on the north side.

That'll probably work - I'll just drag myself out of bed a little earlier and try to get there around 1100 instead of my usual 1200 report time.

As an aside: you're probably the third or fourth Tim Myers I know of in the general Kettering/Centerville area. How on earth is your name so common? :p

Yes but I am so much better looking!!!!!

Ed is not allowed to comment on this!!!!! Just Sayin!!

Okay, I booked the Bonanza today. Should be there by about 11:00 EDT, maybe a bit earlier, and have the plane until 9:00 EDT, so we can do either lunch or dinner. We toured the restoration hangar last year when we were there for a 99's meeting.

Okay, I booked the Bonanza today. Should be there by about 11:00 EDT, maybe a bit earlier, and have the plane until 9:00 EDT, so we can do either lunch or dinner. We toured the restoration hangar last year when we were there for a 99's meeting.

I didn't know time travel was perfected yet. Sweet!

I didn't know time travel was perfected yet. Sweet!

Want to make a stop in JXN on the way or I can meet you somewhere convenient? OEB is on the magenta line from 9D9.

Last edited:
If the cylinders get finished today and the run up tests out good, I'll swing by JXN.

Just to verify, we are meeting at:

MGY
1600Z

correct?

Correctomundo

Will you and Jonathon be going to the USAF Museum or just hanging out at the hangar?

Back