Great Lakes/Midwest April Lunch

Okay, it's on my calendar. That's an off weekend for me hiking-wise, so all the better.

MGY is closer for me, but my vote is for where ever the grill is!

Both have nice runways and plenty of ramp space, fuel price is within a penny at this time...

I am partial to MGY just because it is where all "my" planes are.

Little too far east for me.
MGY is the home of Dr. Stan Moeller, one of the real scientists of aeromedicine. I'd need a wekeend to say "hi". Couldn't bear to go and not stop :)

I am still good for either. Really depends on whether or not the attendees want to grill out. That could affect departure times and time at the museum so I am completely neutral on the subject. If anyone did not want to go the the Museum but just hang around or maybe go to the Wright museum on the field MGY might be a better choice. I can pull the Arrow out and that will give us hanger space to gather. We still have time.

Those planning to attend from afar let me know souls on board plz.

Also if anyone wanted to come in late Friday or leave Sunday am I would be willing to help with transportation. There is lodging within 10 minutes of the AP.

This way they could visit their friends while here Dr Bruce, Hint Hint.

Back in O-HI-O from another great ski season in Steamboat Springs.

As far as I can see, the opinions are a) makes no difference or b) MGY.

Unless there are objections, let's just make it MGY and plan the details.

Cheers

The R&D hangar is way cool. The Valkyrie has to be seen to be believed, and there are so many other cool and very historic aircraft.

Yep, and given the note that it is closing on the first....

The R&D and presidential area is a pretty small part of the Museum, probably less than 20% but it does hold the most unique aircraft. My favorite is the WWII section which is about 2/3 of one of the three major buildings.

Cheers

Worked on a few of the R&D items as well. Never associated with the Presidential fleet and from talking to those who were, glad of it.

Cheers

I am thinking hangar flying with the Geezer is going to be fun.

I live about 10 minutes from i19 so I could help with transportation from there or mgy. I was just at the air force museum on monday and just a heads up but the tours for the r&d and presidential hangar fills up first thing in the morning. I went there about 11:30 and ever tour for the day was filled up and they said it's been like that since the announcement. So if everyone does decide to go there it might be worth calling them and seeing if we could set up a group tour to lock it in. I haven't seen the presidential hangar since I was a kid and have never seen the r&d section. btw they are building a new building to house the presidential stuff and new space shuttle simulator. Let me know what the plan is as I'd like to get together with some other pilots since I just got my ppl in november.

I just spoke with a Justin at I68. No chance it is the same Justin is there?

Cylinders still not back, and I've got a softball tourney on the 20th.

Ed is on Michigan Time, or maybe he is planning on a very long softball game!!

At this time I have:

JoeSelch-------------------- Liz----------------------------- 1
Azure ---------------------- Liz -----------------------------1 maybe 2
DanaD ----------------------Dana? --------------------------2
EdFred --------------------- Ed ----------------------------- 1 maybe
Grant and Leslie ----------------------------------------------2

I have four people willing to transport so plenty of room for more that want to come.

Liz, can you pick Ed up and fly him here inverted???

I have to change a pair of tires on a 172 that morning, but will be along promptly after finishing up

JoeSelch-------------------- Liz----------------------------- 1
Azure ---------------------- Liz -----------------------------1 maybe 2
DanaD ----------------------Dana? --------------------------2
EdFred --------------------- Ed ----------------------------- 1 maybe
Grant and Leslie ----------------------------------------------2
Steingar------------------------------------------------------2

We(4) may be able to make it and will confirm later. I have not been to the AF Museum since I was a kid.

Name is right as Dana, like Carvey. I will be there when I get there so don't hold the tour for me. Still a noob pilot here. :)

In order to have enough food on hand I am going to need to know how many plan to stay and eat. I realize this can and will change as the next week and a half roll on but it is always good to have some sort of plan. So let me know if you want food!!!!!

I will plan on burgers and dogs, soda and chips keeping it simple. For those helping to drive I would love some help from you on a couple tables and chairs to put in the hangar along with helping with some of the food and fixens. Let me know what you can do.

For those flying in, Commander Aero has the least expensive fuel over ASI, but ASI has a nicer facility. I will let both know there may be a few additional aircraft for the day. More details later but I can keep my handheld on 122.8 and listen for call signs Use POA somewhere in your call sign and I will come get you. There is no added parking in the hangar rows.

We will keep this simple, fun and hope for cooperative weather.

I will check into the Wright museum on the field and check into the new Hotel just down the street for any that might like to stay the night.

Back