Great Lakes Meet Up 1/18 or 1/19

I was questioned about the "cast" reference.

I posted it on FaceBook, but I didn't mention it on PoA (though I did call Bruce, of course :)). I ruptured my non-dominant bicep tendon mid-December and had surgery the Thursday before Christmas. In and out of the hospital in 4.5 hours. Arm is in a brace/cast, Seeing surgeon tomorrow AM, but expect another 2 weeks of "wing" immobility. Of course, that puts it right before the planned get-together, so I will have no time to go up with an instructor to get current beforehand.

Sorry to hear Grant. Hope things shape up. Haven't been volant for awhile myself.

According to Facebook: Being macho, I decided yesterday to take the lawnmower downstairs to the basement without assistance.

If he wouldn't have waited until the week before Christmas to do it then it wouldn't have been covered with 100# of snow!

(I'm such a sympathetic soul).

:goofy:

Well, we booked a plane and instructor for the trip on Saturday. Of course, the plane is still in maintenance up in OSH, so it's iffy, though it's "expected" back online mid-January. But you all know what it's like when maintenance gives an expected date! :( Our backup plane is also in maintenance, so we may need the backup's backup! LOL!

Coming out of the Central timezone, it may be closer to 12:30 EST before we get there.

And the ruptured bicep tendon IS as bad as it sounds. Basically, the bicep was only anchored at one end, which made it pretty useless! They drilled a new anchor point in the bone and attached the loose end to that. In a cast until 1/16, then PT and no lifting more than 5-10# through March.

And the ruptured bicep tendon IS as bad as it sounds. Basically, the bicep was only anchored at one end, which made it pretty useless! They drilled a new anchor point in the bone and attached the loose end to that. In a cast until 1/16, then PT and no lifting more than 5-10# through March.

I was anally probed it if makes you feel better. Actually, I was anally probed even if it doesn't make you feel better. Had a horrid reaction, couldn't eat much of anything for a week.

I was anally probed it if makes you feel better. Actually, I was anally probed even if it doesn't make you feel better. Had a horrid reaction, couldn't eat much of anything for a week.

At least the aliens returned you to Earth, or at least a fair simulacrum of you.

Coming out of the Central timezone, it may be closer to 12:30 EST before we get there.

THANKS for that reminder. I may have forgotten about the change in time. It certainly wasn't on my radar screen yet and I've been known to do that.

Leslie's a better pilot than you anyway so just let her fly. ;)

THANKS for that reminder. I may have forgotten about the change in time. It certainly wasn't on my radar screen yet and I've been known to do that.

True, and I very well may do that, but she too is out of currency and her medical has expired. So an instructor is required nevertheless.

I need an instructor too Grant. Unlikely it'll be VFR and my IR husband is out of currency. If that Redbird thing was cheaper I wonder if they'd sell more. Our closest one is a 45 minute drive West. I hope we all get to meet each other :)

I need an instructor too Grant. Unlikely it'll be VFR and my IR husband is out of currency. If that Redbird thing was cheaper I wonder if they'd sell more. Our closest one is a 45 minute drive West. I hope we all get to meet each other :)
Does your instructor have a FIKI bird? Otherwise, I doubt any of us will be going if it's not VFR. (considering the season)

(The only exception being, if there's a thin layer causing a MVFR ceiling and the CIP/FIP shows a low probability of icing, the IR does provide another option. I know I felt better about KMIE last year knowing I could get a pop-up if I needed one -- but I was too afraid of ice in the stratocu layer to dare. Lots of other folks made it just fine without that option.)

He does have access to a FIKI but at 300 an hour or something it's not worth it. We'll come if it's good Cherokee Warrior weather. We of course can do a pop up IFR if needed with him along hence why he was asked to tag along.

Rick's boathouse is offering a coupon on their website for a free appetizer if you subscribe to their newsletter. However I did it two days too early. The coupon they sent me expires on the 16th.

Does your instructor have a FIKI bird? Otherwise, I doubt any of us will be going if it's not VFR. (considering the season)

I don't know about that. If the current cold trend continues, it'll be too cold for icing. Supposed to have a HIGH of -11ºF here on Monday! Brrrr!

I don't know about that. If the current cold trend continues, it'll be too cold for icing. Supposed to have a HIGH of -11ºF here on Monday! Brrrr!
I was thinking that too. But I'm trying to be optimistic... it CAN'T stay THIS cold for that long, can it?

Can it?? :eek:

Cincy windchills for Monday are predicted to be near -25. I think I am back in Fairbanks!!!

Saw 0* on my truck thermometer this morning on the commute.

You know, they have this amazing concept called Zulu time....

I should be able to make it. Since this is my own airfield, I can probably help drive people from the FBO to Rick's. :)

You know, they have this amazing concept called Zulu time....

Yeah, but then we'd have to call it a dinner fly-in instead of a lunch fly-in! And, I usually have a beer with dinner so I wouldn't be able to go.

Well, we do get a few nice clear days in the winter, so let's hope (looking outside at CAVU). I have been wanting to check that place out, and my pilot buddy and I are always looking for a reason to fly.

If you'll allow a couple strangers, I promise we won't be for long. :yesnod:

There are no strangers on POA, maybe a few strange people but no strangers!!!!

The mrs-to-be has mandatory training so I'll be solo if I can sneak out

I'm relatively new to to POA but I may be able to make it to this.

Hopefully the 310 will be out of annual by then. If so, might be a good excuse for a test flight. :)

We'll have to see. I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll get it together. I'm looking forward to the improvements coming out of this annual. :)

Reminding Mr. DuPuis that his car can find KMGY as well. We can let R play in the Arrow.

Reminding Mr. DuPuis that his car can find KMGY as well. We can let R play in the Arrow.

Im not sure Ted would allow that Tim, gotta keep R conditioned to the twins! :rofl:

Negative, you missed it while you were working on the 310, R loved the Arrow, I saw a speck of concern in Teds eyes.:yes::yes:

Her plane will be in the shop 1/18-19

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Well not to jinx it, but the long range is showing cold front passage Friday with a high behind it. Our local forecast (Dayton) is calling for both Sat and Sun to be severe clear in the AM with partly cloudy in the evening. Temps in the high 20's and low 30's.

That's all I have to say about that!!

Kiss my Buckeyes, no wait a minute you wear heels.

I retract that statement.

Really unlikely I'm going to be able to make this. I gave up on the snow as of last weekend and have no idea how much good the rain has done, but I would guess not a whole lot by looking at the snowpiles around here. I was going to drive out there this afternoon to take a look but I really don't have the time... next chance will be the Tuesday night club meeting.

Back