EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I'm thinking the 21st of February.

Somewhere in IL, IN, OH, MI or WI.

Who's in? Suggestions?

KMIE in eastern IN has a new restaurant on the field, one comment on Airnav said it was good.

Flaps come off of Ms. dueBeUs on Feb 9th and she'll likely be down for 4 to 5 weeks for annual and having the flaps reskinned.

I'm out.

Madison. WI has a good restaurant. I can probably make it. I am out of KPTK

Are you based there Steingar? I am and have to wonder about your definition of "good"? :D

If I had to choose between the "BBQ" at Bolton and City BBQ, then City BBQ would be a 5 star restaurant. lol

David

PCW, ohio. Museum and refurbished diner car!

If we aren't down for annual then, I'd most likely be in.

I go to Muncie KMIE all the time for Dinner.. let know if you decide to stop and I'll fly up.. I fly out of KUWL..

If I had to choose between the "BBQ" at Bolton and City BBQ, then City BBQ would be a 5 star restaurant. lol

David

So true, City BBQ is so much better than JP's.

If the date changes, I will try to make it. That date, my flying club has a lunch scheduled already so all planes are blocked.

I'm thinking Muncie - KMIE
I haven't been there in about 10 years, and it gets us away from any lake stuff.

18z (1pm eastern) on Feb 21st work?

I'm thinking Muncie - KMIE
I haven't been there in about 10 years, and it gets us away from any lake stuff.

18z (1pm eastern) on Feb 21st work?

Ended up at Muncie today for lunch at Merks. Food was decent, service was slow at first but got better. It's not anything like it used to be (think lime green paint), and it is smaller according to my buddy. Nice view of the ramp though.

Friendly controller, he thanked each departing a/c for coming - that part hasn't changed.

Ended up at Muncie today for lunch at Merks. Food was decent, service was slow at first but got better. It's not anything like it used to be (think lime green paint), and it is smaller according to my buddy. Nice view of the ramp though.

Friendly controller, he thanked each departing a/c for coming - that part hasn't changed.

I bet.... They get paid by the amount of operations...

I think Muncie is in danger of loosing the tower flowers. I'd operations get too low they could loose their job or be relocated. So operations mean continued employment

Just put in a reservation for the 172RG - as long as weather's decent, I should be able to make it!

Just checked the schedule, the plane is booked solid that whole day. I am out.

Did a destination get decided?

Ok I need to proof my phone posts a little better
Last I heard it was Merks at the Muncie airport

Ok I need to proof my phone posts a little better
Last I heard it was Merks at the Muncie airport

Haha it's all good, I speak fluent iPhone autocorrect.

Weather not looking so good for Saturday so far.

Weather not looking so good for Saturday so far.

It never looks good for the FlyBQ either, but then we all end up at Adam's house looking at the stars.

I'll have to check my schedule, but I think I can make it!

I have strong doubts, Mrs. Steingar is sick as all get out. Summer bad wx is a world away from winter bad wx.

I'm escared to see my hangar's ramp :eek:
I hear tell it's impossible to get airplanes out of most hangars at VLL. 57D can't be any better... probably worse. :(

(One advantage I have here at MPV; I don't have to worry about pulling the plane out, it's taken care of for me. Two negatives: I can't pull it out by myself - and no access at all after hours - and right now the plane is in the shop. Two months and counting. Not that I'd be flying anyway, it's just too cold.)

Down here they're calling for snow tomorrow, turning into lots of freezing rain and ice overnight tomorrow night as the warm front comes through, followed by heavy rain and flooding on Saturday with highs in the upper 40's. The flooding exacerbated because, in addition to the heavy rain, it'll be melting the 12" that's already on the ground plus the snow/ice we get tomorrow before it changes to rain.

Then changing back to snow on Sunday as another cold front comes through.

Could get interesting, the generator is full of gas, tested and ready.

Back