Great Day To Fly A Newbie

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
After a funeral flyover I did a few months ago for a WWII vet his 14 year old great grandson wanted to go flying. Today, the stars aligned and we went up for 2 one hour flights. We flew over the Huskers stadium, his parents house, his grand parents house, a couple of local lakes and he got to fly for 20 mins on the way to Norfolk, Nebraska and lunch at Barnstormers eatery right on the field. Food is great BTW!

He had never flown before in any airplane! He had a blast! Wants to do it again.

What a great day to fly and take a newbie along.

Last edited:
Caleb__1_.jpg

Here is Caleb and Lauryn, 14 & 12. Yes, I have a big Husker emblem on my tail. :yes:

Great photos. While I *want* to say something about the Huskers tail, I hope to someday own something with a big Badgers Flying W (and maybe Bucky) on the tail. So instead I'll compliment your team for being in a great conference. ;)

Great photos. While I *want* to say something about the Huskers tail, I hope to someday own something with a big Badgers Flying W (and maybe Bucky) on the tail. So instead I'll compliment your team for being in a great conference. ;)

You are a gentlemen and a true college athletic fan!

You are a gentlemen and a true college athletic fan!

LOL. Ditto! I hope we can find some way to remain this civil and complimentary toward each other after November 15th. ;)

In the meantime, I have some unattended whiskey and some Tigers to tend to...

LOL. Ditto! I hope we can find some way to remain this civil and complimentary toward each other after November 15th. ;)

In the meantime, I have some unattended whiskey and some Tigers to tend to...

Always civil. "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."

Come to Lincoln for the game and see what I mean.

My instrument checkride *did* have me planning a cross country to Lincoln... but I think we're at home in November.

I would love to get to Memorial, though...

Back