Grand Canyon Museum

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Got to visit this great little museum at the Grand Canyon Valle Airport.
Can you name the planes?

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    111.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 8.gif
    8.gif
    151 KB · Views: 7
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 7
Waco, Kingfisher, Mooney Mite, Cessna L-19, Travel Air, Kate, Reliant, Pitts S2, German.....Stinson Sentinal?

EDITED

Last edited:
Richard said:
Waco, Kingfisher, Mooney Mite, Cessna L-2, Travel Air, Kate, Reliant, Christian Eagle, German.....Stinson Sentinal?

You're probably right and if so, I'm somewhat chagrined that the rolling smoothly off the tongue illiteration in the instance of the "Mooney Mite" was really worth the marketing advantages with public sales in exchange for the association with a parasite ? At least it could have been the "might" of Mighty Mouse !?!

Dave Krall CFII said:
You're probably right and if so, I'm somewhat chagrined that the rolling smoothly off the tongue illiteration in the instance of the "Mooney Mite" was really worth the marketing advantages with public sales in exchange for the association with a parasite ? At least it could have been the "might" of Mighty Mouse !?!
We're only a day into '06 and already I think that has got to be the sentence of the year. Well done, old boy.

While you may find it pleasing to possess the luxurious enlightenment of realizing one of Mooney's marketing improprieties you must also be chagrined to realize you're about 40 years too late.

Cheers.

Richard said:
We're only a day into '06 and already I think that has got to be the sentence of the year. Well done, old boy.

While you may find it pleasing to possess the luxurious enlightenment of realizing one of Mooney's marketing improprieties you must also be chagrined to realize you're about 40 years too late.

Cheers.

Thanks Richard, I did recall somewhere hearing it was a rather old model Mooney. Wasn't it unpopular either from unsatisfactory performance or its performance combined with the name or could it just not hold up agaist the Flying Flea ?

Last edited:
Dave Krall CFII said:
Thanks Richard, I did recall somewhere hearing it was a rather old model Mooney. Wasn't it unpopular either from unsatisfactory performance or its performance combined with the name or could it just not hold up agaist the Flying Flea ?
Oh, I dont know, you'll have to ask a Mooney guy (or google, Ask Henning) but to me what with the cyl heads sticking out of the cowling it looks like a sexed up J-3. About as appealing as a poor man's Porche.

the first plane isnt a waco. look closer. 1 seat. homebuilt.

Back