Grafton, ND - April 30

terzap

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
terzap
4th Annual Flapjack Fly-In!

EAA Chapter 380 Proudly Presents the 4th Annual Flapjack Fly-In. Pancakes, sausages, ham, eggs, and aww heck, who cares about THAT when you can see a lot of great airplanes? Homebuilts like Kitfoxes, a gorgeous Great Lakes, RV-6, and more...classics like Mooney Mites, Cessna 140, j-3 Cub, Beechcraft! Free Airplane Rides for Young Eagles ages 8-17....and get this: ONE lucky Young Eagle is going to get a ride in a T-28! That's right! Breakfast starts at 0730 AM and served until 1300PM. Pack up the kids, the dogs, the significant others, jump in the airplane, come on over and see what North Dakota Nice is all about.

Location: KGAF, Grafton Municipal Aiport, Hutson Field Grafton, ND.

Freewill offerings gladly accepted and the Chapter will also be offering hats with the chapter logo and and other items for sale to offset expenses.

More info at chapter Website and pics from last year to whet your appetite.

EAA member pilots who meet qualifications to fly Young Eagles VERY welcome. (We'll also be giving free rides to adults, but the kids come first.)

HELP! We'd appreciate poster distribution if you are in a few hours flying range of this event--PM or email me (terzap@gra.midco.net) for an URL of posters (PDF files) in two different layouts. These are designed at tabloid size but can be scaled down to print on legal or regular paper, in color or in grayscale.

http://eaa380.zapstone.com

terry, chapter380 historian/webmaster (and designer of the posters and hats)

Sounds like lots of fun Terry. Wish I could make it, I mean even though I am almost 30 I still pass for 17. :D And I am good at winning stuff so the ride in the T-28 would have been mine. :rofl:

HPNFlyGirl said:
Sounds like lots of fun Terry. Wish I could make it, I mean even though I am almost 30 I still pass for 17. :D And I am good at winning stuff so the ride in the T-28 would have been mine. :rofl:

I CAN get you a ride in a Great Lakes biplane... :)

Too bad you're so far off. (And for the first time since I passed 17, I wish I were 17 again for this, too.) GRR! At least I get to put my hands on this airplane several times already, and I'll have to be satisfied to get my hat blown off a third time from the prop blast. But I need a cigarette after he does one of his usual fly-bys and I quite smoking seven years ago, if you know what I mean. sigh.

BTW, Brook...you gotta see this picture. It is my favorite from the last year. EVERY kid in this photo is a GIRL. :) I also used this pic on the poster and made it into an art print I am going to print out as a poster one of these days.

http://www.teryvisions.com/_0_t28girls.jpg

terry

That is AWESOME Terry. You should send that picture to WAI, the 99's and maybe even your local girl scout group. That way we can get even more young girls into flying. :yes:

*bump*

This is coming up in a couple weeks. It should be gorgeous weather and tons of fun. Come on up, the water is fine (as a matter of fact, it'll be mostly gone by then)

terry

Hmmmmm, kind of a ways to go, but ND is on my list of not yet landed in states.

Oh, and your flyer puts mine to shame!!!!!!

N2212R said:
Hmmmmm, kind of a ways to go, but ND is on my list of not yet landed in states.

Oh, and your flyer puts mine to shame!!!!!!

And think, that's just the top half of the full sheet. :) (The Internet size. LOL!) The bottom has pics from last year's fly in. The Great Lakes biplane pictured is going to be there.

Thanks! Come on out, we're even going to have a TV news crew there. (So I was told!)

terry

*bump*

Getting close!

Dunno about anyone else, but I can't wait to see what lucky kid gets to ride in that T-28!

If any of you manage to make it, I hope you'll hunt me down and say Howdy!

terry

Back