GPS software for a Computer

robsingles

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Rob Singles
Anywhere map Suggestions?

Edited update: AnywhereMap has a special right now for $95 gets you the GPS software that runs on XP. I was curious if anyone has any comments on anywheremap?

I am using the airgator demo right now and it seems to be ok, yet they want 400+ for the software only, so if anywhere map is worth the 100 dollar purchase I will probally go for it.

Thanks

Orginal post: I am curious what options I have for GPS software that I could use on my laptop? I would like it to have an IFR database and be able to load flight plans in to it. Also, would like to keep it cheap, any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
I've downloaded and tried out the NAVAIR software. I think it's from www.airgator.com. AnywhereWX has some similar software as well, although I've yet to get to try it. I'm trying to find an old version of the Jeppesen FliteMAP software as well.

Why bother? Of all the things I want loose in my cockpit during flight, a laptop computer isn't one of them. If you can put this stuff on a handheld device like a PDA, OK, but there's just no room in my cockpit to open up and operate a laptop without causing big convenience and distraction of attention issues.

Back