Government...

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
I love how the government's websites require Internet Explorer which is OS specific.

faa.jpg

I think the DoJ should go after the FAA.

Last edited:
yea that IACRA thing is a pain in the ass. speaking of, what brought you to IACRA?

yea that IACRA thing is a pain in the ass. speaking of, what brought you to IACRA?

My stupidity. I went to the wrong website. My instructor wrote IACRA in my logbook along with my FTN number, a username, and a password. I assumed this was how you change your address, request a new certificate, etc. So I googled IACRA.

Of course--once I actually got the IACRA site to load I discovered it was the wrong website and went to the airmen services site.

I love how the government's websites require Internet Explorer which is OS specific.

faa.jpg

I think the DoJ should go after the FAA.

How many of your tax dollars do you want spent on supporting 10% of the browsers out there?

How many of your tax dollars do you want spent on supporting 10% of the browsers out there?

I would rather them hire competent developers from the start that code cross platform.

I'd say, when helping customers, that its about a 50/50 split between IE and Firefox. Amazing, but true, Microsoft is finally slipping.

God I can't wait until Linux starts getting the true followers it deserves.

Wasn't it the feds who were prosecuting M$ for anti-trust? Why the heck would the feds then turn around and build a website that can only use Exploder? IDJUTS!

Wasn't it the feds who were prosecuting M$ for anti-trust? Why the heck would the feds then turn around and build a website that can only use Exploder? IDJUTS!
I've wondered the same thing. But, I don't know how much changed since Clinton and Reno was no longer around to kick them.

That is right now we cater to big business and screw the people right?
I don't think that's entirely true. It seems Clinton had his pet corporations as well. All politicians do.

Bill Gates isn't exactly a conservative beyond growing his company and the benefit it brings to his charity efforts. He's made donations to members of both parties as well as both committees.

I may have this wrong but something I read... seems I recall it stating he donated over $58 million last year.

Ugh, Jesse, GDE? Aren't you embarrased to post a screenshot of anything other than KDE? :D

Perhaps you don't remember the FCC's web site that would ONLY work with a specific version of Netscrape.....

How many of your tax dollars do you want supporting locking in the U.S citizens with a specific multibillion dollar corporation?

Contrary to the belief of some, there is supposed to be a distinction between USA and MSFT.

I had blocked that out. I remember that. What a PIA that was. If I remember correctly it was an old version of Netscape at that!

Yep. It didn't even work with the newer ones. IIRC, it was the ULS site.

Sure is a lot of whining over a piece of software that's FREE. IE costs ZILCH, ZERO, NADA. Yes, it's annoying when a website demands IE, and that's why my computer has BOTH IE and Firefox. :rolleyes:

Sure is a lot of whining over a piece of software that's FREE. IE costs ZILCH, ZERO, NADA. Yes, it's annoying when a website demands IE, and that's why my computer has BOTH IE and Firefox. :rolleyes:

IE is free? Really? Where can I download the Microsoft supplied Internet Explorer for Linux? How about a modern version of Internet Explorer for Mac OS with ActiveX support?

Oh..I.You meant Windows? If so, where can I legally download a free version of Windows?

Internet Explorer is not free.

Back