Government charts

R

RobertGerace

It seems that there is no end to the nonsense that one goes through with Jeppesen.

I've tried the CD's...I hate printing.

I've tried the paper...I hate updating.

Can someone please post a link to where to subscribe to the government charts?

Thanks!

RobertGerace said:
It seems that there is no end to the nonsense that one goes through with Jeppesen.

Thanks!

I know this is an old theme of mine, but before you leave Jepp make sure you understand what is required for you to do each flight if you are to achieve the same level of legal, current information with NACO as you have with Jepp. Most folks I know who use NACO think NACO is easier than Jepp because the person using NACO isn't using it correctly and is flying with out of date or inaccurate charts & information (note that in this case "out of date" has nothing to do with the expiration date stamped on the SIAP booklet).

'Course, if doing it correctly doesn't matter to you--never mind--but I don't think "not correctly" is in your vocabulary. As much as you fly I can't imagine keeping legal & current using NACO instrument charts.

IMO, YMMV, yada yada.

OTOH, these folks will do a NACO subscription service:

http://www.pilotmart.net

and these folks:

http://www.flyairways.com

Last edited:
RobertGerace said:

Thanks!

Me too! I've been using NACO charts through a subscription with AirCharts. It seems to work very well and is easy to keep current, unless, as Ed suggests, I am not using them correctly :dunno: :hairraise:

I regularly receive cumulative update sheets from AirCharts which list changes for the period. I note those changes on the procedure plates of enroute charts, ONLY AS THEY APPLY TO MY FLIGHTS. Thus, I don't need to update SOCAL info until I am actually going there. :yes:

The enroute charts are in an atlas format, which took a couple of flights to get used to. Not a big deal at 140 knots, but I suppose they might be cumbersome at jet speeds.

I subscribe to the entire USA for less money than my old Jepp "Q service" coverage for the western USA.

It gets the job done for me for less money and less hassle :yes:

Back