Got to Love Computer Glitches

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
Sitting in the plane shooting practices approaches this morning, I receive a DUATS text saying our IFR flight plan to KDAL had been received. A few minutes later I also received a route change text. The only problem is that it was filed and flown yesterday. :mad2:

I called up flight service and they referred me to center. Flight service couldn't tell if it was actually active or not. I then called DUATS just to make sure it wasn't a server glitch before I called Center.

Come to find out, from DUATS, either my student filed the wrong date/time or the system kicked it a day ahead because he filed to close to departure. So like other flight plans it will time out in two hours. So no need to call Center and waste their time.

However, I did get a mild heart attack thinking that our FP was still sitting active in the system. :hairraise:

Last edited:
b7852ab1b84643b7bb7d8906a1d23481ff5f4aa3fa2ddfdc87a5efd8ce5d2fe4.jpg

The only problem is that it was filed and flown yesterday.

You flew without a flight plan??? IFR???

How'd you do that?

The only problem is that it was filed and flown yesterday.

You flew without a flight plan??? IFR???

How'd you do that?

That is the strange part. The flight plan was in the system at that point. When we called up, Memphis was already expecting us. The DUATS guy was a bit confused because the flight plan was still sitting in the system waiting to be picked up by us.

Last edited:
Maybe it was a Magui that got wet and ate after midnight.

I always loved it when I closed my flight plan in the air, then walked into the office to find the phone ringing. Its flight service calling to see if I have landed yet, and if so, I forgot to close my flight plan.....

Back