Got my renewal CFI in the mail and....

hindsight2020

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
hindsight2020
....It has an expiration of 12 monthsfrom the renewal date. My previous license expired in 30 nov 2011...new card has expiration of 30 nov 2012.... W.T.F. :mad:

Did I completely missed a memo? Should I bother with Jepessen or should I call the FAA directly and get them to straighten it out? Can one not get good service anymore? I mean I understand the apathy prevalent in service jobs, but when all you do is take my money and issue me a new card, this should be like a Visa commercial. I didn't pay 120 bucks for a year's worth, I want my 24 months Bob. :mad2:

....It has an expiration of 12 monthsfrom the renewal date. My previous license expired in 30 nov 2011...new card has expiration of 30 nov 2012.... W.T.F. :mad:

Did I completely missed a memo? Should I bother with Jepessen or should I call the FAA directly and get them to straighten it out? Can one not get good service anymore? I mean I understand the apathy prevalent in service jobs, but when all you do is take my money and issue me a new card, this should be like a Visa commercial. I didn't pay 120 bucks for a year's worth, I want my 24 months Bob. :mad2:

If Jepessen issued the temporary then call them to have it resolved.

You got me to look at mine. I just had it renewed too and it says 31 October 2013 as I would expect. I think I would call the FAA directly. Is there a FSDO near you? What did your temporary say?

If Jepessen issued the temporary then call them to have it resolved.
Hopefully their CFI renewal department is better than their chart department in getting things resolved...

I think I would call the FAA directly. Is there a FSDO near you? What did your temporary say?

The FAA will direct you to call the party that issued the temporary. They in turn will call OKC and have the new certificate issued.

I had a problem with my CFI renewal a couple of cycles back, Gleim did the renewal. Called the nice lady there and she had it resolved that morning and I had a new certificate in 7 days.

I added a type rating and an ATP this year. They added the ATP at the FAA but forgot my additional type.

A phone call to the certification branch fixed it up. Seems we can find any good help these days, even though were paying good money.

And soo much for iacra preventing issues like these.

And soo much for iacra preventing issues like these.

I had trouble finding an inspector that knew how to use IACRA at the FSDO where I took my CFI checkride. The guy I had was clueless -- it was his first time using it. He pressed the back button multiple times (the IACRA kiss-of-death).

I had trouble finding an inspector that knew how to use IACRA at the FSDO where I took my CFI checkride. The guy I had was clueless -- it was his first time using it. He pressed the back button multiple times (the IACRA kiss-of-death).

Bad code money. No banana. The 90's called. They want their web server code back. ;)

Bad code or not, many secure processes have the no back button policy. My online school, email... All will cough up a hairball if back is pressed.

DPE's i can understand. But FAA inspectors should be subject matter experts on these technologies. Not just a thorn in our side based off the subject they choose to know really well.

Back