Got my Fix

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Since Chip hooked me on aerobatics, its been about 6 months. Too darn long in my opinion. Have no fear though as the Chief CFI at my old flight school, and DE for my private, commercial, instrument and multi, just bought a Christen Eagle. He took me up for a ride this afternoon, was a blast. Did a couple rolls and I generally was busy trying to keep the world right side up and the ball centered. Rudder seemed to be much more effective than on the Extra. It was very nice, I havent flown since Dec. 15 (darn christmas break!) so I left the airport with a smile on my face!

the Chief CFI at my old flight school, and DE for my private, commercial, instrument and multi, just bought a Christen Eagle. He took me up for a ride this afternoon, was a blast. Did a couple rolls and I generally was busy trying to keep the world right side up and the ball centered.
Sounds like you had a great time! I know I missed it when my plane was down for several months and I had to beg and buy rides when I could get them.

Can you do spins and rolls in your glider?

It was very nice, I havent flown since Dec. 15 (darn christmas break!) so I left the airport with a smile on my face!
The only thing better than that is to be the one responsible for causing that kind of smile. :)

The glider will spin, I never have. Previous owner spun it and it basically recovered by just letting go of all controls. Im sure it will roll (anything will right?:)) Its got a pretty decent roll rate, even at low thermalling speeds. Need to get up in something a little less capable (citabria cough cough nudge nudge).

I miss doing aerobatics with my buddies back home. I used to go flying in an Eagle and a Skybolt. Those rolls and loops are awesome although I can only take so much of it.

You do know there is glider aerobatics right? Have you ever seen that at Sun N Fun, especialy at night? That is so awesome. They actualy make it into a ballet with soft music playing in the background and the glider is lit up as it does loops and rolls at night. If anyone gets the chance, thats something to see. They usualy schedule it on saturday night.

I did know about at least one glider aerobatic guy touring, Bob Carleton, he has a Silent Motorglider with the twin jet engines. I havent ever seen his show, but knew he was working on a night routine. Sure would be cool.

hehe sorry diana. but the citabria would be a much better aircraft to simulate my gliders handling than one of those fancy extras or eagles. :)

Ill have to get myself down to the farm one of these weekends.

Ill have to get myself down to the farm one of these weekends.

Wouldn't take too long to get down there in the RV. ;) Hmmmm.. What rating could I use to justify more XC time?

-Chris

commercial requires a few dual cross countries.

Back