Got MY Attention!

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
So my friend was flight-planned for Canada a few days ago; scrubbed the mission because return date was predicted inclement WX. So today my cell phone indicated an incoming call from New Brunswick, Canada. No sweat; I have a few friends in the province.

"This is (can't remember). Are you the owner of aircraft N7872G?" Yup; that type of call will get one's attention.

""I'm the owner of the plane but not the pilot of the day. Is there a problem?""

"This Grand Manan calling. We're holding a slot for the a/c which is one hour overdue."

I explained to him that I knew the plane was flight-planned for that area several days ago but was cancelled because of return date WX predictions; that I had flown yesterday with the pilot but was unaware if today was the new schedule for Canada. I gave him the pilot's Tel. # so he could confirm and that was that. Then I called Randall. It seems that he had cancelled the flight plan in the usual manner; apparently, it didn't get wiped on the other end. This would have been the Return flight day via Grand Manan. The plane is still sitting in my hangar. Yes, I'm certainly wide-awake after the call from Canada.

HR

Over due aircraft calls do wake you up.
I thought he canceled... Did he go anyway? Is my plane in the hangar or in the ditch?

Back