Got more letters!

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Phew!

After Yesterday's stupid mistake, I took another quick hop with the DPE, flew an excellent VOR 18 approach, and now my temporary certificate is the right color and I have a couple of extra letters in my sig. I'm officially a cloud buster! :goofy:

Congrats, Kent. My flying buddy convinced me yesterday it's time to stick my nose back in the book, my butt back in the airplane and get going on my IR. Way to go!

Congrats! So why don't we see those "more letters" in your sig. at the bottom of your message????

Well done Kent. This shows that the mistake was an anomaly and your iR skills are sound.

When's your first trip in actual?

lancefisher said:
Well done Kent. This shows that the mistake was an anomaly and your iR skills are sound.

I wish I was as sure! It ticked me off that much more because I'd made the same mistake on the same approach about a month ago. Why I didn't think of that, I don't know. I guess I thought it was an anomaly the first time, and didn't think I would do it again. I won't forget that again soon though! :no:

When's your first trip in actual?

As soon as we get some good actual. The weather was WAY too nice today! :D

I need another day like we had a couple of weeks ago - Overcast at 3000 MSL, tops at 4000 - Maybe go do a hold in the soup and then climb above and enjoy the sun. Anything other than what we did in that layer - Partial panel unusual attitudes in actual! :hairraise: Nobody'll ever accuse my CFII of not being thorough. :no:

Good on ya. Now flying just got harder and easier at the same time. Long x-c with some weather to think about will demonstrate the paradox....

Hey, congratulations! Glad you were able to follow up so quickly and get it done.

Now my wife and I need to follow in your footsteps. We took the knowlege test last year, but want to feel that we're truly proficient. Heck, I've done TWO 250NM+ IFR trips, one was actual the entire way, being in the remnants of Hurricane Charlie.

Hey Kent,
Congrats dude!

--Kath

kath said:
Hey Kent,
Congrats dude!

Kath and everyone,

Thanks! It still doesn't seem like I'm done, which is a sure sign that I've been working on it too long! :yes:

I wonder if it'll hit me the first time I call clearance and ask for IFR without a CFII on board, the first time I'm on top in the beautiful sunshine without a CFII on board, or the first time I'm on approach in the soup without a CFII on board! :hairraise:

flyingcheesehead said:
I wonder if it'll hit me the first time I call clearance and ask for IFR without a CFII on board, the first time I'm on top in the beautiful sunshine without a CFII on board, or the first time I'm on approach in the soup without a CFII on board! :hairraise:

It's pretty much guaranteed that the first time you punch yourself into a cloud you will ask youself "What am I doing here?". And the answer is "Maintaining control and having a blast!"

flyingcheesehead said:

It will probably hit you the first time you enter a cloud without the CFII on board and realize you have to fly your way out of here and there is no lifting the foggles if you don't like how it is going.

Congratulations!

flyingcheesehead said:
I wonder if it'll hit me the first time I call clearance and ask for IFR without a CFII on board,

Things will go fine, even if something like this happens.

Back