GoPro interesting info

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
I do not own a GoPro but I know many of you do or may want one and I thought this info to be pertinent. Hopefully it will be useful to someone.

Best Buy has dropped the price of the GoPro 3 Black to $329.99

Also, Adobe has a new tool i ntheir software editions to fix the distortion in the GoPro videos. I believe it is the fisheye effect. unfortunately, it means buying their software.

Check it out in the following video:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/take-flig...profile-correction-with-gopro-hero-3-cameras/

David

Nope, does video and covers a wide range of different cameras as well as a manual mode. So for less than fourteen hundred bucks you can post un-distorted boring videos on YouTube. Yay!!

GoPro 3 black price reduction? Sounds like a GoPro 4 is on the horizon.....

Also, Adobe has a new tool i ntheir software editions to fix the distortion in the GoPro videos. I believe it is the fisheye effect. unfortunately, it means buying their software.

Final Cut Pro users can also remove fisheye with an add-on they can buy for a few bucks.

That said, I find that shooting medium or narrow works better for aviation stuff anyway. Some people don't really know about those options.

Examples here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnB9ujKJW_M

(That guy has *tons* of great tips, BTW. Check out his other stuff)

Yup, I just bought another 3, so it must be time for the 4. ;-)

You are probably right, but it's also worth noting that GoPro is under increasing price pressure from credible competition. This also could be a response to that.

Nope, does video and covers a wide range of different cameras as well as a manual mode. So for less than fourteen hundred bucks you can post un-distorted boring videos on YouTube. Yay!!

LOL!!! Yea, after I posted I went looking at the prices of Adobe software and got sticker shock.

David

I was thinking that to as GoPro has the lower prices on their website to. Have to wonder if the Black's problems have been totally fixed first or not.

David

I was thinking that to as GoPro has the lower prices on their website to. Have to wonder if the Black's problems have been totally fixed first or not.

The most recent firmware is 80% better than the original stuff. It's still not perfect.

Creative Cloud is $50 for all the adobe you can eat.
I use it primarily for Dw and Ps but I might have to look into this feature on the video stuff.

Back