Goosing a jet engine

You sure that's the bird ingestion test and not the test where they blow one of the fan blades off with explosive bolts to make sure that it remains contained within the engine shroud? I know the video calls it bird ingestion, but I'm not necessarily convinced. Noticed the one blade that's painted bright orange? I don't think they do that in ingestion tests like this one.

You sure that's the bird ingestion test and not the test where they blow one of the fan blades off with explosive bolts to make sure that it remains contained within the engine shroud?
You are right, Teller. Youtube has the same video posted with a title saying it is a containment test.

-Skip

You sure that's the bird ingestion test and not the test where they blow one of the fan blades off with explosive bolts to make sure that it remains contained within the engine shroud? I know the video calls it bird ingestion, but I'm not necessarily convinced. Noticed the one blade that's painted bright orange? I don't think they do that in ingestion tests like this one.

Could be, alright. Sure comes apart in a hurry though, huh?

Dan

Back