Google Calendar now syncs with Outlook

alaskaflyer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Alaskaflyer
I don't know about you, but I've always found the online access choices for MS outlook to be **** poor, unless you were willing to pay for the nice stuff.

Today Google came out with a Windows application that runs in the background that will sync your Outlook Calendar with any Google Calendar. I just tried it and it seems to work flawlessly.

Added benefit for iPhone and iTouch users, you can now sync your phone calendar through MS Outlook to your Google Calendar if you wish, though the mobile version of the Google calendar isn't bad if a little slow on Edge.

I don't know about you, but I've always found the online access choices for MS outlook to be **** poor, unless you were willing to pay for the nice stuff.

Today Google came out with a Windows application that runs in the background that will sync your Outlook Calendar with any Google Calendar. I just tried it and it seems to work flawlessly.

Added benefit for iPhone and iTouch users, you can now sync your phone calendar through MS Outlook to your Google Calendar if you wish, though the mobile version of the Google calendar isn't bad if a little slow on Edge.
h o w ?

I signed up for Plaxo, with the justification that the $50 is the same as what it would cost me for The Missing Sync, which is not 100% reliable.

I haven't tried syncing all of my stuff (Outlook at work(!), Windows mobile phone, OS X Address book and Thunderbird address book - Mac and Windows), with the Plaxo web interface yet. I'll report when I do. So far the Plaxo Windows mobile app works great on the phone.

http://www.plaxo.com

I signed up for Plaxo, with the justification that the $50 is the same as what it would cost me for The Missing Sync, which is not 100% reliable.

I haven't tried syncing all of my stuff (Outlook at work(!), Windows mobile phone, OS X Address book and Thunderbird address book - Mac and Windows), with the Plaxo web interface yet. I'll report when I do. So far the Plaxo Windows mobile app works great on the phone.

http://www.plaxo.com

We are forbidden to use these types of things. You lose to much control over your information.

We are forbidden to use these types of things. You lose to much control over your information.

I only want to sync my personal contacts I have on Outlook at work. I'll see about setting up so only things in the "Personal" category get synched. Better, I should export those and stop keeping them at work.

nuevasync.com is a free Exchange push service that supports Plaxo and other services such as Google calendar and contacts. Using their free service you no longer need to use Outlook as the "middleman" to sync contacts and calendar from Google (or some other online services) to your iPhone, plus it is push so it will sync without being at your iTunes computer. I think the push is every seven minutes.

My guess is they are working on push email in the effort to be a publicly-available paid push service outside of enterprise. But for now it is free Beta. Been running it for a few days with zero problems for calendar and contacts.

Last edited:
The G1 syncs with google calendar, google contacts and gmail without additional software.

I love my G1.

The G1 syncs with google calendar, google contacts and gmail without additional software.

I love my G1.
Second that!

It is an awesome tool. I can make updates as I speak with students and it syncs with the calendar on my desktops at home and at work. On top of that, the calendar is accessible to my students to see so they know when they are flying, when I'm available otherwise and any details I add to the schedule.

Back