Goofy soap opera stuff

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
This is just weird...

So there's this link that showed up in one of my link aggregators as "aviation-related" that leads to one of these goofy websites... that turns out to be even weirder...

And well, kinda aviation-related... but at first I'm looking at the URL thinking, "Huh?"

The website is a twisted little place where young women read about how to catch older rich men ...

(uhhh, lady... if you need a website... well, anyway...).

But the STORY is the weirdest thing...

Linky link...

http://www.earnthenecklace.com/the-biggest-fear-i-had-to-face-about-dating-an-older-man/

So ditzy girl dates "Stetson man" (apparently they don't use names in their stories, for obvious reasons... but of course, that also might mean they're completely fake...) and his Attorney is closer to her age so they're friends...

Girl says she's feeling all foreboding about Stetson man "flying around in his private plane"... eventually Attorney and all aboard are killed in Stetson Man's airplane, but Stetson man survives because he wasn't on the airplane?

Reads like some goofy Harlequin novel... and who knows... maybe Stetson Man is real and reads PoA? (Hmm, on second thought, he lost friends... let's hope not.)

Must thank my link aggregator for thinking that was "Aviation" related! Or at least for three minutes of entertainment while I'm catching up on "laptop" stuff (one downside of doing most things on mobile devices these days is there's a few things a laptop just does better... and it seems lately with other stuff going on, I fire up the laptop for personal stuff about only once a week...).

Didn't dig into the website... maybe there's some more "juicy" (dumb?) "aviation-related" Cinderella stories buried in there.

There's probably all sorts of "wrong" with that website... if one were to read more than one page of it. No time... back to what I was doing when the Internet distracted me. (It does that a lot... damn thing!) :)

Stetson Man, and he flies a plane? So he wears a Stetson, like a cowboy, and is a pilot? Kind of like, say, a "cowboy pilot"?

Someone needs to chastise this woman for not including the NTSB.

Also I highly doubt this is real, and if it is, this woman is tremendously stupid or just doesn't care about hiding Stetson's identity. If anyone even remotely close to the family read this, they would know exactly who this guy is.

Also I highly doubt this is real, and if it is, this woman is tremendously stupid or just doesn't care about hiding Stetson's identity. If anyone even remotely close to the family read this, they would know exactly who this guy is.

Agreed. That was my initial thought as well. I suspect it's fiction, designed to garner page hits for that sad website.

Back