Good thing Im not flying

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
We are having possibly the worst thunderstorm I have ever seen right now. The lightning is constant like 10 flashes per second. hail blowing sideways,power has gone out at least 5 times in the last hour, and yet as I looked outside, i could see a landing light out towards the airport. I guess super pilot needed some practice. I just hope he doesnt crash into my parked plane trying to land in this.

Michael

Edit..I forgot to mention its 101 outside at 9:20pm too. :hairraise:

Last edited:
Michael said:
We are having possibly the worst thunderstorm I have ever seen right now. The lightning is constant like 10 flashes per second. hail blowing sideways,power has gone out at least 5 times in the last hour,
Oh, it sounds like a typical evening at OSH shaking in my tent. Wondering if the latest lightening strike will hit my fabric wing with full fuel.

Nope, once again my Citabria has protected me with her wing and her life. :)

Oh, the cell phone is ringing. It's Chip! Calling to see if it's raining one airplane over. Winds 70 mph. Yep, it's raining on the Citabluebarria. :)

Heh. I watched a Caravan taking off at DVT in Phoenix on Sunday in the beginning of what turned out to be our worst local storm (for us). I think it was a Western Express commuter but I'm not positive. He took off on 7, pointing straight into the storm and must have started a 180 only a few hundred feet up based on his position/orientation. It was a heck of a ride for whoever was in there, that's for sure.

Minutes later we saw a news chopper heading into DVT very, very fast (compared to their normal speed). Course was almost due north, wind was coming out of the east and he's pointing pretty much northeast to maintain course.

I lost some shingles during that one. First time for this roof. Blah.

Back