Good news for 2010!!!

He still hasn't answered any of the questions regarding food. Either Baron von Fredrick is the proud owner of 'Mom's Kitchen' or 'Trail's End Bar, Grill, & Cattle Barn', or both.

6) Does it involve the ability to grab a meal while flying into 6Y9er other than the ice cream at the Gas Station?

Is Diz going to be wearing her "If I were any nicer, I'd be a *****" top on again next year? I found that most humorous.

8) Is someone reopening mom's as either moms or as another eatery?

That is what we've been told. Sorry Grant, it is not Angelina Jolie doing it.

So, that means we don't have a topless school bus yet? :frown2:

If we bring a sawzall and a knife (I'll provide the knife), I can help with that... ;)

And excellent news!

So if I have this correctly, the good news that this thread is about is that someone is opening up Mom's once again?

While I'm excited about this, I have to ask: What is Mom's? Local eatery within walking distance of the airport from what it sounds. Do they have Crown and Coke?

yes and no. gotta walk around the corner to Trails End for your drink of choice.

While I'm excited about this, I have to ask: What is Mom's? Local eatery within walking distance of the airport from what it sounds. Do they have Crown and Coke?

Well, it had the best breakfasts for 25 miles, then again, I think it had the only breakfasts for 25 miles. Ask Kent about the pancakes.

Awesome! So I won't have to bring coffee yogurt in the cooler next year. I'm in.

I think the cooler had issues, cuz it started out as cream for the coffee :D

Nope, coffee yogurt. Been eating the stuff since I was a baby.

yogurtlg.gif

The breakfast of champions!

Nothing gets past you does it? :D

The fact that Mom's was opening again did not escape my notice. The fact that it was the basis of this thread did. I didn't think it was sufficiently important to warrant a game of twenty questions.

The fact that Mom's was opening again did not escape my notice. The fact that it was the basis of this thread did. I didn't think it was sufficiently important to warrant a game of twenty questions.

Hey, someone else decided on that, I just went along with it. :D

Not important just fun. Come to think of it if its really important I'm thinking you won't want to be playing 20 questions. :D

Now that this has been finally figured out , I'll elaborate.
Mom's Kitchen was purchased and the new owner will open it soon.
It will now be according to him "Bill's Grill" He has been in this business for many years and has two other places.
It may not seem like a big deal to some, but for the little town of Sidnaw it's huge. Meeting place for the locals, but especially important for the continued growth and use of 6Y9. This is now the only airport in the U.P. that you can fly in to and easily walk to get something to eat, at least according to my friend at the MDOT- Aeronautics Div.
Diz is fired up cause she won't have to cook as much any more:rolleyes:

As far as some of the other guess's, some were correct also.
1. Yes ,I'm still working on getting the runway streched out, 2600 ft. now, hopefully 3000ft next year or so.
2. The WWII guard tower foundation has been put in and the contractor is trying to get the legs put up this year yet before the really bad weather sets in. The upper shack will be moved to the school paved lot and the refurb of that will start in the spring. When done it will be lifted back on top of the legs ,hopefully before the 2010 Fly-In. We will then have the only original wooden WWII guard tower in the country.
3. After that I start looking for not a Tiger Moth, but a L4 Grasshopper like the one's used at Prickett Airfield for training during WWII. My plan is to have one that fly's not just a static display. Of course I'll need to build an old quonset style hanger to keep it in.
4. When I win tomorrows lottery I'm putting in an additional runway , airport motel,cell tower, GPS approach,AWOS, runway lights and beacon, FBO with fuel ,courtesy car fleet ,POA club house ,etc, etc.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back