Good for Piper

Yes indeed and good for people needing a job. I hope that it isn't short lived just because they got a couple of orders from flight schools.

if they'd make their planes a lil fast they might boost sales even more!

Yes indeed and good for people needing a job. I hope that it isn't short lived just because they got a couple of orders from flight schools.
My guess is that it will last until the next recession (whenever that is).

They need to being back the PA-18 with big tires and 1/2 the price of a Cubcrappers version. ;)

I'd be interested. I've been watching all of Trent Palmer's videos (Kit Fox( on Youtube plus those of his Flying Cowboy buddies. My problem is that there aren't that many pilots in Southern Arizona that fly those. I've been flying for 3 years now and am JUST now getting to meet other pilots in my area.

Unfortunately the pilot puppy mill purchasing people wouldn't have any interest in that. They'd turn out better pilots if they did. :rolleyes:

That’s the sad truth.

I think there would still be a demand for brand new real Super Cubs, if Piper built them. It probably wouldn’t be by the flight schools though. I know a guy who would probably buy one or two brand new ones to own in addition to the ‘89 and ‘94 he already owns.

if they'd make their planes a lil fast they might boost sales even more!

This one from the linked article should go plenty fast. :D

636535948553359370-0221-TCLO-piper.JPG

And this little bit surprised me. Good on 'em.

"...International sales, which had been sluggish for almost a decade since the recession, have picked up again so Piper’s international sales again represented about half its business, Carlson said.

Piper’s dealer in Brazil has sold eight M-500s this year, “which is a staggering amount of airplanes for that market,” Carlon said, noting that Piper also is seeing stronger sales in Europe..."

The PA-18 was criminally fun to fly.
It certainly was the way we flew them in the CAP, back in the mid to late 1960s.
Piper could sell a bunch of them if they brought them back.
Modern engines, modern materials, and a modern panel would make a lighter stronger plane.
Yeah, I'd fly one.

Back