Good flight tonight

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Ceilings were around 6-800 feet this afternoon so i got an airplane and filed a flight plan as I left work. took care of a few things when i got home and headed out to the airport. Plan was to leave Jabara and head out to Hutchinson for the VOR 4 approach then to Mid Continent for an ILS and the GPS approach back home.

Wind was strong out of the north, 20ish gusting to mid 20's generally. I think ceiling was actually down to 400 when i left Jabara but as I shot the approaches the stuff was generally somewhere between 600 and 1000. visibilities between 2.5 and 4 miles.

It had been a while since I had shot any approaches so it was good for me to get the practice in. I got settled in on the short trip to Hutch and entered the hold over the VOR and shot the approach. Broke out well before the runway and flew to MAP. Then vectors for the ILS. Had a nice tailwind and got vectored wide for a King Air to get in front of me. Then broke off the approach a little early so an AirTran flight could get out with no delay.

I went straight from the missed to vectors for the GPS 36 at Jabara. This time was a bit busy but i got the GPS programmed and flipped open the approach plate with time to spare. Down the tube I came, broke out 200 feet above minimums and landed in the dark. The sun had set while I was on the ILS to Mid Continent.

All in all it was a great IFR day to fly. 1.6 hrs, about 1.3 of that in actual, 3 different approaches. Flight aware track: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N5221E

Thats great man..sounds like a bunch of fun. Glad you got the practice in..it never fails to be worthy of your time.
-Clay

Last edited:
Back