Good DFW mechanics for fabric aircraft

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
Do any of our DFW area members have a suggestion for a couple of good fabric covered aircraft A&P's or IA's? I'm looking for someone to help with a potential pre-buy very soon.

Ryan

A guy who owned a shop at ADS for many years is restoring a Stearman and could be a prospect.

Do any of our DFW area members have a suggestion for a couple of good fabric covered aircraft A&P's or IA's? I'm looking for someone to help with a potential pre-buy very soon.

Ryan

Let us all know if you do make a trip up here.

Ryan
Ryan, how close to DFW do you need?

I'd recommend Scott "Gunny" Perdue. He is both A&P IA and has good fabric knowledge. He is doing the Eagle Flying Museum at MWL, but can probably travel as needed. He posts occasionally over at WIX and you should be able to PM him there. If you need to contact him directly, let me know.

Ryan, how close to DFW do you need?

I'd recommend Scott "Gunny" Perdue. He is both A&P IA and has good fabric knowledge. He is doing the Eagle Flying Museum at MWL, but can probably travel as needed. He posts occasionally over at WIX and you should be able to PM him there. If you need to contact him directly, let me know.
Ok, sounds good. I'm supposed to be up there this weekend for a wedding and thought I had it set up to look at a Taylorcraft I'm interested in, but it's looking like it might now work out this time. It may mean another trip up there later though.

Ryan

Ryan

You are as knowledgable as you need to be to buy a BC12D, When you press a thumb against the fabric it should not crack around your thumb. If you press a piece of masking tape on the fabric, you should be able to pull it off with out any paint coming off too.

If it is not dope over cotton there must be a STC applying the system to the aircraft by 337 in the history files and the return to service entry in the aircraft maintenance records.

When the finish is glossy, pliable, well attached, logged properly, it is good to go.

I can also recommend Gunny. He is a great guy, he occasionally is one of the pilots for the Devil Dog. He came to Midland with us this weekend.

Back