Good Day.............Bad Day

Shipoke

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
shipoke
Well it started out with severe clear skies, got down to Pottstown Muni. and it was windy (direct Xwind at about 8-10). We still did YoungEagle Flights. I got in 9 flights and flew 27 kids.Then on the way home the alternator on the plane died, i had flight following and Reading App. called me and said we lost your transponder. I tried to recycle it, Nothing. Then the Radios Died, so i hit the nearest button on my Garmin 196 and landed at S-37 (smoketown). Then had to call approach and tell them i was on the ground and safe. Then i had to find a ride back to Carlisle so i could get my truck and go home. Other then that i had a good time and the kids LOVED it. BTW i'm proud of myself i didn't panic and flew the plane with no ill effects.
Dave G.
P.S. some of my landings where not what i would call good , but then again i could reuse the plane (lol)

Gotta keep an eye on that load/ana/volt meter. Good job at least at Smoketown you could hang out at the diner and wait for the ride. Plus the shop there has a good rep.

Well we got the plane back to Carlisle, pulled the alterantor took it to the shop and rebuilt it , Now It works better then ever. Glad that was all it was.
Dave G.

Back