Good Airport Cafe's in Oklahoma area?

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
Planning a trip out to AZ in October and will likely be passing through the fine state of Oklahoma around lunchtime.

Any good airport restaurants in the Tulsa/OKC area?

Just a little past Tulsa is Ponca City (PNC) - great Mexican restaurant on field and the gas price is very reasonable. Try the soup!

Ozzie's at Westheimer Field in Norman (KOUN).

I cannot recommend the Mexican restaurant "Enriques" at PNC enough.

It is WONDERFUL.

Libby's Cafe south of Norman, not far from 1K4, David Jay Perry field.

Where ya going in Phoenix? Chandler's Cafe is the best in the valley IMO (unless Cutter's free lunch is going on at KPHX, then that is!) Not quite on topic though :)

Stop at KTDW in Amarillo get a car and go to Big Texan Steakhouse .

Somewhat overrated. The beer is awesome, the chili is great, the steak required a sawzall to cut though all of the fat. I went a couple times when I was there. Not a place I'd go out of my way to visit again, however. Unless I just was going for a nice, ice cold beer. Then all bets are off. Because they do pretty good with beer. Mmmmmm. Beer.

Not en route, but when you get to AZ Winslow has a nice little mom and pop Mexican restaurant on the field. Then call the only shuttle in town operated by this feisty elderly lady who is the only one with the ramp access code to pick you up at your plane. Take her recommendation on hotels....great breakfast included!

Oh, and don't miss the "Standing on the Corner..." park downtown Winslow...the flatbed Ford is parked out front. The shuttle lady will take you there on the way.

Last edited:
If you go beyond OK, stop at KDHT (Dalhart, TX) which has a white pickup truck as a courtesy vehicle you can use to run into town to Hodie's Bar-B-Q...excellent food!

We drove by Hodie's on the way home from CO last week. Cars parked everywhere. Well, mostly trucks.

If you go beyond OK, stop at KDHT (Dalhart, TX) which has a white pickup truck as a courtesy vehicle you can use to run into town to Hodie's Bar-B-Q...excellent food!

Last edited:
Back