Gold Seal

FSDOs are generally pretty decent unless you're a flight school being inspected. One was shut down at PDK this week.

well they dont do things like that just cause they feel like being mean. what was the deal?

well they dont do things like that just cause they feel like being mean. what was the deal?
Yep, I know. We're not sure yet. The school had two locations at FFC and AHN then expanded to PDK the last year or so and was opening a fourth office at RYY. They were expanding a bit too fast as it appeared. So, our speculation leads us to think there may be paperwork issues or something closer to administrative or maintenance. There's nothing going around on their operation, otherwise.

FSDOs are generally pretty decent unless you're a flight school being inspected. One was shut down at PDK this week.

That is true. When tney were going after the American Flyers at KDPA it was ugly enough that the results of their investgation made it into the Chicago Tribune. Of course there was no newspaper follow up. All I know is that they no longer do their own checkrides but are still open for business.

well i stopped by the FSDO and now have my gold seal in hand!

I recently called the local FSDO to make an appointment to renew my CFI based on "duties and responsibilities" (at work). They told me to come any time during business hours but preferably not during lunch. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. I had never done it that way before and I couldn't believe it was so easy. Of course other FSDOs could be different. This was Denver.

One of my 121 buddies tried that at the LNK FSDO and they told him nice try and he even had a stack of probably 70 8710's from the year before. He went to the DSM FSDO and had a renewal in hand after 3 minutes.Gotta love the government.

I don't think you even need an appointment. I just walked in for both my AGI and IGI and walked out 20 minutes later with a certificate in hand.

Around here, you now need an appointment just to come within 1/4 mile of the FSDO:vomit:

Back