Going to Denver Next Month

tlglenn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Ted
This past weekend my ultimate frisbee team qualified for regionals so I'm going to be in the Denver area around Oct 11-12. I haven't flown into Colorado before, but I've been up around Albuquerque (I figure on crossing the mountains south of ABQ). I'm thinking Centennial, but I'll have to see where I'm staying first.

I usually don't have to go as far as Albuquerque unless the weather is bad. Many times it is pretty much direct over Wolf Creek Pass. Or a little further south and into Alamosa then La Veta. Or even Santa Fe/ Las Vegas. Then again it could be so bad you won't leave Tucson. I have gone all the way around the west side before to get around a southern strom.

Probably Centennial, but depending on where your events are located, Rocky Mountain Metro, KBJC (formerly Jeffco :rolleyes:) may be a good choice also.

Yeah, I'm concerned about the possibility of evil sneaux. And the effects of density altitude on a flying disc. Thanks for the tips. I'll be in a C182 so that should give me good altitude through whichever mountain pass I use.

I have received excellent service at both Rocky Mtn. Metropolitan and Centennial during 2 trips to Denver; easy in/easy out, although Kapa is a pretty busy place.

Scott

IIRC, when we flew out to Vegas a couple of years ago, we crossed just south of SAF. The MEA was 13k' in the area I think, but you didn't have to be there very long (and you could go lower if you were VFR). On the return trip, we stopped at SAF for fuel and on the way out we had to go farther south b/c I couldn't climb out fast enough to get to 13k by the time I need to be there - solid IMC, so I had no choice but to IFR it.

My team voted two nights ago not to go to regionals. I am not happy.

Anyone want to buy a set of approach plates or a TAC?

Bummer. Sounds like it's time to place yourself on the trading block for the local league. ;)

Sorry you had to cancel. You must be disappointed.

I might be interest in the TAC, depending on whether my son moves away from the Denver area.

And I was going to take advantage of the common purpose pro-rata cost sharing rule to pick-up cheap flight hours too. Oh well.

P.S. I've got a sectional too ;)

I flew into Centennial about 2 weeks ago. Stayed at an Embassy Suites just down the road and had dinner at Del Frisco's which is just down the road, incredible! But you might want to wait until after the frisbee tournament is finished to go there.

Back