Goin' South for the holidays

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
I just got the crazy idea again airport hop to warmer southern climes during Christmas - New Year vacation.

I'll go VFR, in VFR weather and stay wherever I end up along the way. I think I can schedule a few more tentative January vacation days to allow for time to get home. I can work remotely in an emergency from anywhere with Internet and cell service anyway.

My first thought was Memphis. I have already worked and hung out in Nashville.

I could go farther. South Padre? Louisiana bayou country that has not been hammered so much by Katrina as NOLA if there are such places.

Anybody have any suggestions for a destination route and waypoints south of Chicago?

Mustang Island, TX (RAS) Beach, fishing, bird watching, good food. Try the old Tarpon Inn.

Both you guys,

Remember you cameras and the ConUs Challenge :yes:

Wishing you good weather on your trips.

Barb

Galveston. Museum on-field, Moody Gardens in walking distance, and a plethora of bars, etc.

NOLA may be open for business again, check and see. Fun city to visit.

If you do take Mustang Island, stop at Hangar Hotel in Fredericksburg, TX (on-field). Riverwalk in San Antonio is also fun.

If you head Fredericksburg-way, be sure to drop a line in advance. My family and I hang out there, now.

Mike and smigaldi. Clarksville Tn is right on your way south (we are the gateway to the new south so the sighs say). Stop in at KCKV and dinner (or lunch)is on me. PM me and I'll give you my cell#. I live inside the traffic pattern so I can get there quick. Nobody has claimed this A/P yet for the Conus challenge.

Go somewhere else...there's too many Yankees down here already.

And some of them won't leave after they get here!

:goofy:

Steve said:
Go somewhere else...there's too many Yankees down here already.

And some of them won't leave after they get here!

:goofy:
In that case, I'll look into transferring to an office in South America.

mikea said:
I could go farther. South Padre? Louisiana bayou country that has not been hammered so much by Katrina as NOLA if there are such places.

Destin, FL, or thereabouts?

Back