Go to first post in previously unread thread

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Is there an easy way to read a thread from the very beginning, after multiple pages are up?
Sometimes I will dismiss a thread as uninteresting to me, then I get time later and want to see it all. So I click on the thread title and it takes me to the last page. Then I have to navigate back to page 1.
I tried the arrow to the left of the thread, it also takes me to the end.

Click the thread and then at the top where it displays the page numbers, just click page 1. Seems to be the only way, and the easiest.

yeah, that's what I'm doing now.
a little laborious when there are 20 pages

... or the Friday joke thread

... or Nate with a major bout of insomnia

Is there an easy way to read a thread from the very beginning, after multiple pages are up?
Sometimes I will dismiss a thread as uninteresting to me, then I get time later and want to see it all. So I click on the thread title and it takes me to the last page. Then I have to navigate back to page 1.
I tried the arrow to the left of the thread, it also takes me to the end.
I think what you want is a 'mark unread' option. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be such an option. Once you start reading an old thread it will remember the last page you read. If you skip to the end, then you lose that place holder. At that point you just have to use the page links and remember what page you're on if you want to come back later.

its not two clicks. It does not show all available pages. You have to go to the earliest available page then it shows earlier pages.

its not two clicks. It does not show all available pages. You have to go to the earliest available page then it shows earlier pages.
it is 2 clicks ... ok, technically, 1 click, 1 scroll, 1 click.

Click on the thread.
Stroll to the top, look to the left and
click on Page 1
Start reading

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 9.28.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 9.28.21 AM.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 4
Back