"Go read up on constant-speed props tonight"

Hobobiker

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hobo
While helping my friend/CFI split some wood tonight, that's what he says to me. I gave him a quizzical "okay...", and he explains that he put his Dakota on the market for $125k and immediately received an offer slightly less on day one, so he thought it might go quick. Before it goes, he wants me to get my high-performance rating in it.

How do you say "No" to an offer like that?!? :yesnod:

Well, that's pretty cool.

Except the CS prop has nothing to do with a high perf rating. I presume you need to get read up on the prop to handle the plane properly.

Well, that's pretty cool.

Except the CS prop has nothing to do with a high perf rating. I presume you need to get read up on the prop to handle the plane properly.

Yep, I'm sure you're right. I've flown the plane with him on several occasions, but always with him in the right seat and walking me through some of the things I don't deal with in the Archer (Manifold Pressure, Prop Pitch, etc). Always looking forward to learning something new and, lucky for me, he has a love for flight and teaching and he's overly generous with his time (and plane).

While helping my friend/CFI split some wood tonight, that's what he says to me. I gave him a quizzical "okay...", and he explains that he put his Dakota on the market for $125k and immediately received an offer slightly less on day one, so he thought it might go quick. Before it goes, he wants me to get my high-performance rating in it.

How do you say "No" to an offer like that?!? :yesnod:

A Dakota for 125k! Go Mr. CFI!

Honestly the CS prop is just like a manual transmission, no biggie.

Just understand how to deal with it on decent, the rest is by the book paint by numbers.

Back