GNS 430W Question

N6893U

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jerry
Hello All,

When my 430 boots up, before I enter anything, I get a message--FLT PLAN WPT LOCKED--. I have looked up its meaning, but how do I clear it? Also, my PROC key is not working. I'm able to load and activate approaches using the FPL menus. Is it possible these are related issues? Thanks in advance to anyone with info on these "quirks".

Jerry
M20C

I believe this occurs when you have a flight plan loaded with a non-existent or altered waypoint. If you have a flight pan active, try deleting it and then see what happens.

--

Edit: that's my "from the hip" guess. Let's see what the master, John Collins, has to say...

You have a flight plan with a waypoint that doesn't exist any more. It could be a user waypoint.

Review your flightplans. One or more of them has a waypoint in it that has the name "Lockd". What ever that waypoint was originally named, it is no longer in the database. For example an airport name was changed to an ICAO identifier such as 29J to KUZA. Either edit the flightplan waypoint to the new name or delete the flightplan.

I get this a lot in the G1000 when you load a SID that has programmed waypoints that are only part of the departure procedure such as a turn when the aircraft reaches a certain altitude ("420FT"), etc. It just pops up as a MSG, the flight plan still sequences and functions normally.

Back