gleim

korben88

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Troy
I have used the Gliem system in its older forms for most of my written exams and was satisfied with it.

I think Gleim certainly has the best "drill and kill" option out there. The rest of the materials are good as well. I've never been unhappy with their stuff.

I'm in the middle of using their instructor stuff now.

The online resources and practice test system are great for passing the written and that's included in the kit.

A CFI working with a relative was big on the ASA study book. His big deal was an easier reference numbering system of sorts with the practice questions.

A CFI working with a relative was big on the ASA study book. His big deal was an easier reference numbering system of sorts with the practice questions.

See, that's where I didn't like ASA's books, you had to flip pages to get the key, Gliem I just used an envelope to cover half the page.

Here was my study approach:

Bought the blue ASA book. Ran through it cover-to-cover, including practice questions. Any questions I got wrong, I did further reading to understand why I got it wrong, and I did this without fail. I then used the Gleim online resource and took practice exams until I scored above 90%.

I got a 94% on the written.

ASA's books are great but the test prep software left me wanting the last time I looked at it.

Have used the gliem stuff for all my ratings,get the latest publication,no problem.

ASA's books are great but the test prep software left me wanting the last time I looked at it.

How long ago was that, Ron? People come and go, company policies change, etc. Unless your experience is within the past two or three years.....

This reminds me of posts on the travel forums, where a poster had a bad experience ten years ago and trots it out every time the location is mentioned (and has never gone back, of course).

Bob Gardner

Have used all of them. Jepp, Gleim, ASA, and even tried not to snore too loud through some King videos. They're all fine for what they do. Prepare you for a written test.

The only one that wasted my time was Rod Machado's stuff. I have enough self motivation that I didn't need humor to keep going and it just got in the way of studying. No offense to Rod, he's a funny guy. Just wasn't how I study.

Back