Glasair II questions

Skylane81E

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Duncan
A friend just contacted me about a Glasair II RG he is thinking about buying.

He asked me about doing a prebuy on it for him. I suggested finding an expert on the type, but he trusts me so I may end up with it anyway.

So, questions are this:

Any east coast Glasair experts I can send him to?

Glasairs in particular, what do I need to look at? Any common issues?

EABs in general, paperwork wise what should I be looking for?

Thanks!

I think your first impression was correct.

He needs an expert, and as his trusted friend your roles can be:

1. To explain why you're not the right guy (horse vet looking at Yorkshire terrier).

2. To help find the right guy and figure out the logistics.

3. To help your friend understand what the expert is saying.

4. To answer any questions (engine issues, etc) that fall within your expertise.

If I were the buyer that's what I'd want, once I understood how these things work. Good luck.

I think your first impression was correct.

He needs an expert, and as his trusted friend your roles can be:

1. To explain why you're not the right guy (horse vet looking at Yorkshire terrier).

2. To help find the right guy and figure out the logistics.

3. To help your friend understand what the expert is saying.

4. To answer any questions (engine issues, etc) that fall within your expertise.

If I were the buyer that's what I'd want, once I understood how these things work. Good luck.

1) check, did that

2) hence the post

3-4) he is an A&P but out of the country for another couple months

Put a gold star in your folder for well-handled assignment.

1) check, did that

2) hence the post

3-4) he is an A&P but out of the country for another couple months

Well if he can find an A&P who already has a II that would be nice but not necessary. Whoever he finds just make sure he prints up all the SBs that are on the Glasair website and compare them to the logs. If the work has been done in compliance to that then there should be no surprises for the model. Outside of that the usual checks on the airframe, cockpit and engine that we all would normally do when buying and aircraft.

Where is the plane? I'm in Pittsburgh, Pa. If I can help I will. I'm pretty intimate with the Glasair as I'm almost finished building my Glasair III and I owned a glasair I that I flew over 100 hours. Let me know if I can help.

Well looks like someone else snapped it up first, hunt continues for a thee odd mile a minute side by side nose dragger single for under 100k, got a few more planes on the radar

Back