Gladewater, TX (07F)--ground transportation?

Jim_R

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
Considering a flight to Gladewater, TX (east of Dallas, near Tyler) this Sunday. Looks like it's a reasonable walk into town from the airport (~2 miles), but on a bright sunny late June day, it's gonna be hot, and the co-pilot might get grumpy. :lol:

Trying to figure out ground transportation options. Doesn't look like there's an FBO at the field; tried calling the main number for the airport and got no answer.

Anyone know if there's a taxi service for the town? (Looks like there are services nearby for Longview, so maybe I can get one of those to pick us up.)

Last edited:
There's an active EAA chapter there, so chances are they hang around the airport. Check the roster to find the numbers.

Considering a flight to Gladewater, TX (east of Dallas, near Tyler) this Sunday. Looks like it's a reasonable walk into town from the airport (~2 miles), but on a bright sunny late June day, it's gonna be hot, and the co-pilot might get grumpy. :lol:

Trying to figure out ground transportation options. Doesn't look like there's an FBO at the field; tried calling the main number for the airport and got no answer.

Anyone know if there's a taxi service for the town? (Looks like there are services nearby for Longview, so maybe I can get one of those to pick us up.)

I Love this part of the airports web page...

"
The Gladewater Municipal Airport consists of a terminal building, 2 runways, 6 enclosed city-owned hangars, 10 T-hangars and 49 privately owned hangars.
To rent a city-owned hangar or to rent ground space to build a private hangar, contact Judy Van Houten at City Hall. (903) 845-2196. Fees for hangars are as follows:
T-Hangars $65.00/mth
C-Hangars $65.00/mth
Ground Space $.12/sq ft. paid yearly
For statistical information, map and satellite photo; please visit..

T hangars for 65 bucks..... I am moving there..:yes::yes::yes:..

ps. to the OP.. call the police dept and ask for suggestions on ride into town.. I have 5 bucks they will set something up for ya...;)

Thanks for the ideas. After a few Google searches, and a handful of phone calls, I think I've got a taxi lined up. Guess I'll find out for sure once I get there!

That's a great airport - flew there last weekend. There is a skydive operation running there almost constantly on weekends, so get on their frequency early and try and time your arrival. I got stuck circling for about 10 minutes while the meat missles landed. If you ever need a ride or anything up there, my (future) BIL is the Chief of the VFD in White Oak. PM me and I will send you his contact info. He would drive you around all day in exchange for a few laps in the pattern.

Back