Girl Scout Cookies

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I'm helping my daughter sell cookies again. The descriptions are attached.

Each box of cookies is $4.00, and I'll ship for free all orders of 4 boxes or more.

Just PM me or send an email to timothy.metzinger@metzair.com if you're interested.

Attachments

• GS cookie types.pdf
    668.8 KB · Views: 26
Very insidious of the cookie industry and the GSA to have something as scrumptious as the Thin Mints and not make it available on the normal cookie market at my local megamart.

It's a conspiracy!

Don't worry, they'll be legal in California soon... In the mean time, I can hook you up with the product you need.

Very insidious of the cookie industry and the GSA to have something as scrumptious as the Thin Mints and not make it available on the normal cookie market at my local megamart.

It's a conspiracy!

I like the Ripon made mints too, but thin mints are like crack. The Ripon mints are good when you want mint filling, thin mints are good just about anytime ;)

It's a conspiracy!

Keebler Grasshoppers are a reasonable substitute when GS cookies are out of season.

It's a conspiracy!

Thin Mints were made by Keebler for years. Girl Scouts left them. They retaliated by releasing the cookies under their own product names.

I still support the girl scouts every year, but in between ...

Keebler Fudge Shoppe Coconut Dream = Samoas
Keebler Fudge Shoppe Grasshoppers = Thin Mints

If there's a difference, I can't taste it.

And frankly, Keebler made them better than the current company. But the Scouts get to keep a few more pennies per pound using someone other than Keebler, apparently. I don't know.

I just know the Elves make a darn nice substitute, if not the real deal! ;-)

NATE! WHY DID YOU POST THAT!

I'm going to blame you when I weigh 400 pounds! (grin)

Oh, and I found a breakdown:
the proceeds from each $3.50 package of cookies:

$1.55 goes to council-subsidized programs (girl and adult recruitment, adult education, programs, camp and camping activities, and program-related staff salaries and expenses)
$0.90 goes to troop support (troop profits, girl incentives and Cookie Dough)
$0.90 goes to sale-related expenses (cost of cookies, promotional materials, training cookie volunteers, etc.)
$0.15 goes to administrative support (office services/supplies, accounting, fund development, administrative salaries, etc.)

NINETY CENTS covers the cookies and advertising. So maybe when my fundraiser cookies are used up, we should order 1000 packs of Grasshoppers as "fundraiser cookies". nom nom nom.

Last edited:
nom nom this Josh!

Thin Mints, a blender, and your favorite really good vanilla ice cream.

Now there is an addiction.

And I wonder why I have trouble getting/staying under 280LBs...

Those are the precise reason that I am no longer an FAA-standard-weight pilot.

Attn: Tim: Go to my website and you'll find my shipping address under "Contact." Ship me 10 boxes: 1 of each until you run out of selection; then double up on a couple. PM me your snail mail address and I'll send you a check.

Josh: I've weighed between 138-142 since a Jr. in high school(1960-1961); eating is my passion. No sense quitting now; and no Girl Scouts have been seen in this retirement(mostly) community. This little island town goes back before Jamestown, VA(1607? I think?) but I've never seen a cookie-totin' Girl Scout knocking at my door.

HR
(Note: The GHS new building was completed -- beautiful, with humidity-controlled vault. The residents -- often retired "from away" -- stepped up to the plate.)

Attachments

• Georgetown HS Sign.jpg
    Georgetown HS Sign.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 17
Attn: Tim: Go to my website and you'll find my shipping address under "Contact." Ship me 10 boxes: 1 of each until you run out of selection; then double up on a couple. PM me your snail mail address and I'll send you a check.
DEAL!

NATE! WHY DID YOU POST THAT!

I'm going to blame you when I weigh 400 pounds! (grin)

Oh, and I found a breakdown:

NINETY CENTS covers the cookies and advertising. So maybe when my fundraiser cookies are used up, we should order 1000 packs of Grasshoppers as "fundraiser cookies". nom nom nom.

If you have a Dollar General Store in your area, they sell a store brand thin mint that is as good, if not better than the Grasshoppers and much cheaper.

Josh: I've weighed between 138-142 since a Jr. in high school(1960-1961); eating is my passion. No sense quitting now; and no Girl Scouts have been seen in this retirement(mostly) community. This little island town goes back before Jamestown, VA(1607? I think?) but I've never seen a cookie-totin' Girl Scout knocking at my door.

That's what I weighed in 4th grade!

In Jr High, I was 6'1, and 190 out of season, and 200 in season.

I've been 285 and 6'5ish for the last decade with only temporary excursions on either side.

For those that ordered.... cookies arrived today and will ship out hopefully by the weekend.

Anyone who wants to order, drop me a PM or email!

mine arrived yesterday. so much for losing weight this week

mine arrived yesterday. so much for losing weight this week

- - - funniest damn thing: about two weeks after I sent Tim a check I noted it hadn't cleared my bank. Not always trusting the snail mail system I inquired of Tim who e-mail responded yesterday that he hadn't deposited it, yet.

I had only typed one sentence of a response when my phone rang, the whole day having been filled with rain after the recent snow storm. "This is FedEx. I can't make it up the hill because of the rain on top of the hard-packed snow."
When I asked about the shipper he said, "Metzinger Air Services."

"Hey, that's a supply of Girl Scout cookies. If it'll fit in my mail box down there, good; my 4-Whl. drive Ford can handle the hill because I just came up it 10 minutes ago."

By that time it was dark and the rain had stopped, so I figured I'd grab a flashlight and walk down the hill(400+ paces). I got about 20 feet below my driveway and phhhhttttt, right on my butt. So much for that idea.
Sun's out today; time to drive down to get the newspaper, mail, and the cookies.

HR

Last edited:
Ahh! Cookies good, after a nice walk in the sun. At the bottom of the hill, about 50' this side of the mail boxes, were some guests who were, perhaps, looking for a handout.

HR

Attachments

• PoA Ducks 030111.jpg
    PoA Ducks 030111.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 10
I got mine Yesterday and somehow I've already managed to nom nom nom two boxes and 2000 calories.

It's a conspiracy!

Actually Keebler used to make Thin Mints for the GSA, they went with a cheaper supplier, and Keebler started making the original recipe cookies under their own brand. The current cookie isn't quite the same as the ones from my "youth", but they're close enough.

I'll be nice and not post the name here, so you have to buy Tim's kid's cookies first... then hunt the forum for the answer which I've already posted before. :)

It's fun to try them side-by-side with a big ol' glass of milk. :thumbsup:

Today at Melt Bar and Grilled in Cleveland, I had

Chocolate Bread Pudding with Thin Mints as part of the ingredients. It was just... Wow.

Just crush up some thin mints and add them to your regular bread pudding recipe.

Actually Keebler used to make Thin Mints for the GSA, they went with a cheaper supplier, and Keebler started making the original recipe cookies under their own brand. The current cookie isn't quite the same as the ones from my "youth", but they're close enough.

I'll be nice and not post the name here, so you have to buy Tim's kid's cookies first... then hunt the forum for the answer which I've already posted before. :)

It's fun to try them side-by-side with a big ol' glass of milk. :thumbsup:

There are 2 companies licensed to make GSCs.

If they're called Samoas, they're made by Little Brownie Bakers which is owned by Keebler which is owned by Kelloggs (US).
Ref: http://www.brilliant-marketing.com/products/index.php?cPath=22

If they're called Caramel De Lites, they're made by ABC Smart Cookies which is owned by Interbake which is owned by Weston's (Canada).
Ref: http://www.weston.ca/en/Weston-Foods.aspx

In other words, in the US, Godfrey Keebler's company still makes Girl Scout Cookies.

Last edited:
But there's still that question that never gets answered:

Are they made from real Girl Scouts?

All I remember in my Girl scout days was we had to sell a ton of cookies if our troup was to do anything worthwhile that year! My parents ended up with lots of cookies. :D I do remember going to Six Flags once though.

:rollercoaster:

p.s. GS cookie flavored ice cream is now in stores!

Last edited:
Yes.
And wait until you hear what's in BABY oil! :)

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!
attachment.php

A solution to a problem:
attachment.php

Sometimes the cookies eat the Girl Scout:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Girlscouts.jpg
    Girlscouts.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 26
  • FatMints.jpg
    FatMints.jpg