Georgia Fuel Stop

finsjb

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
finsjb
Gonna fly the wife down to Daytona Beach in mid July for some R & R. We will be leaving the Nashville area in our 172 and need to re-fuel in the middle to southern part of Georgia. I'm looking for some good ole southern hospitatility from the locals or anyone who has been somewhere you would return to. Being able to grab a bite to eat (other than vending machines) on field would be a plus. Thanks in advance.

The guys in Waycross (AYS) have always been great. On one occasion, I was flying my Citabria from Atlanta to Orlando in the teeth of a 50 knot headwind. The FBO offered to let me drive the rest of the way in his van and come back in a couple of days when the weather was better.

Don't know about food, though. I only used it as a gas stop.

JYL - Plantation Airpark has the lowest fuel prices in the area. No food that I know of but it was an interesting place.

I second MGR. those people are the best

We'd like to welcome you to Statesboro-Bulloch County Airport (KTBR). 55 NM northwest of Savannah, we have all the southern hospitality you need, as well as 6000 ft of ILS runway in case the weather is less than CAVU when you arrive. Our fuel prices are among the lowest around and we have a crew car available.

You can ask for me when you get here. Safe Flying...

Scott Turner
Airport Manager
CP-S/MEL-IA-CFI

Moultrie is on my list. Have heard nothing but great things about it. Still like to hear some other peoples favorite.

whirlaway said:
We'd like to welcome you to Statesboro-Bulloch County Airport (KTBR). 55 NM northwest of Savannah, we have all the southern hospitality you need, as well as 6000 ft of ILS runway in case the weather is less than CAVU when you arrive. Our fuel prices are among the lowest around and we have a crew car available.

Scott Turner
Airport Manager
CP-S/MEL-IA-CFI

Thanks Scott, TBR is high on my list now. Sounds like a perfect place to stop and stretch our legs and only 201 miles down to DAB. I will be glad to ask for you on arrival. Thanks again.

whirlaway said:

Scott Turner
Airport Manager
CP-S/MEL-IA-CFI

Hey Scott, Did you fly into McCollum the last week?

Dave

Hi Dave!

Yes, I sure did. Winds were howling down he runway as I arrived, and due to
the approaching weather I fugured I'd just pick up my son and head back to
SAV so I didn't get to run over to Superior. I'll be back again though. Come
visit us on one of your cross-countries sometime!

Very Best Regards,

Scott Turner

Back