Geek Squad vs CHP

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
I read in today's paper that the Calif. Hiway Patrol has begun ticketing Geek Squad drivers because their cars (white Beetles with black doors and an orange "Geek Squad" logo) look too much like police cars. The CHP says they are worried that motorists might swerve off the road if they thought the VW behind them was a patrol car. The owners of the GS service (Best Buy) are located here in Minnesota and they commented (tongue in cheek) that Minn. State Patrol cars are Maroon and they (MSP) don't care if other cars on the road are painted maroon.

Sheesh!

lancefisher said:
I read in today's paper that the Calif. Hiway Patrol has begun ticketing Geek Squad drivers because their cars (white Beetles with black doors and an orange "Geek Squad" logo) look too much like police cars.

What do you expect in Kalifornia?

I would think ANYTHING that adds a dose of sanity to the highways would be welcomed. So what's next, ban Crown Vics?

Oh, and if you're stupid enough to mistake a Beetle for a squad car, you shouldn't have a license to begin with!

silver-eagle said:
I would think ANYTHING that adds a dose of sanity to the highways would be welcomed. So what's next, ban Crown Vics?

Oh, and if you're stupid enough to mistake a Beetle for a squad car, you shouldn't have a license to begin with!
Now, if only the geek squad guys actually knew anything....

lancefisher said:
snip...The CHP says they are worried that motorists might swerve off the road if they thought the VW behind them was a patrol car.
Whattacrockocrap!!! Do you see cars swerving off the road when a real chippie gets behind them? Not likely!

gkainz said:
Whattacrockocrap!!! Do you see cars swerving off the road when a real chippie gets behind them? Not likely!

Not yet, but when they slap that revolving red light on top of the cars and chase me down the road, I get mighty nervous! :)

What about those guys that buy the surplused patrol cars? The ones that are a bit older with remnants of the 'star' on the side look more like a police car than does a bug!

Back