Gates of Vienna

poadeleted1

Deleted by request
Note: italicized text not original. All other is my own independent thought. Just to be clear.

I was looking for something else this morning - I am supposed to go to Wein later this month - and came across this blog. Granted, blogs are just opinions, but these days, so are many newspapers. Except that the blogs don't have to masquerade and pretend not to have an agenda.

Anyway, http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/ , had one that caught my attention - "I’m a Terrorist Groupie, Hear Me Roar!" I found it overall an interesting read. Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea, or even an adult beverage if you have no plans to fly, and just think about what is written.

In my opinion, right now, the "right wing conservative wackos" are scared for precisely many of the reasons and ideas espoused and evidenced therein. The "left wing liberal wackos" are not scared, because in my opinion, they are the Rodney Kings of the world, and they think there is hope that we can all get along. If it were so, a paragraph like this would never be written:

"In Hollywoodistan, gays admire the beauty of the Koran. In real life, gays are physically attacked in increasing numbers by Muslims in Europe, and death squads are targeting gays in Islamic countries such as Iraq. A gay man, Pim Fortuyn, was de facto executed for criticizing Islam, after having been demonized by Dutch media and the Dutch establishment for “Islamophobia” and “hate speech”. In Hollywoodistan, the Koran has been banned on pain of death in Britain. In real life, British PM Tony Blair has called Islam “progressive” and praised the Koran for being “practical and way ahead of its time in attitudes to marriage, women and governance.” In Hollywoodistan, Muslims in London are ruthlessly persecuted. In real life, London has become the Islamic terrorist capital of the entire world, as demonstrated by writer Melanie Phillips in her book “Londonistan.” In Hollywoodistan, native Fascists kill British civilians to spread fear and terror and soften them for their goal of overthrowing democracy. In real life, the only Fascists trying to do this are Muslims, following the example of their prophet Muhammad who bragged about how he had been “made victorious by terror.”

What would it take to convince the "Rodney King" crowd? We shall see. Maybe they never will be convinced, believing until their last breath that there was nothing to be afraid of. Maybe it will take the scimitar being drawn across the throat of a few prominent liberals or their family members? Maybe a couple of additional terror bombings in the US with great loss of life. Quite honestly, I don't know what it would take to convince someone like those who consider the concerned people to be alarmists or worse, hateful people.

Remember this: Hate is a strong word; love is stronger, and there can be no greater love than the love that a person has for their family, friends and country. That love is what will allow someone to lay down their life for those they love. Hate eats you up, and poisons those around you. It causes pain for those who care about you and people you have never even known. You are blind to love. Love fills you up and makes life better for all who come in contact with you.

Now, someone show me the love that is demonstrated in blowing up a Mosque or a crowded market.......and then let's talk values and who is right.

Back