Gastons - What Will You Be Flying?

JasonCT

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JasonCT
OK, so I have the time, and if "Deafsound" wants to fly my plane I think we should go....but I want to know,

1. What will you be flying there?

2. From where?

~Jason

1971 Grumman AA1-A
Hyannis, Massachusetts

Hoping to bring a Skylane, once I demonstrate to the club that I can land it on grass.

JAX? Where abouts? I use to live in Mandarin, and worked in Ponte Vedra Beach.

~Jay

CapeCodJay said:
OK, so I have the time, and if "Deafsound" wants to fly my plane I think we should go....but I want to know,

2. From where?

~Jason
Here's a partial list on the web site that Chip set up for our fly-in at Gaston's:

http://www.gastonsflyin.com/2006_attendance.asp

It also includes a map of where folks are flying from. Several more people are coming, but haven't signed up. BTW, those of you who don't sign up, would you mind keeping me posted so that I can keep better track of numbers when planning reservations for Gaston's? Thanks! :)

*If* I come it will be in a 172M.

I'll be in the 235 that hits pattern altitude at mid field :rolleyes: ...now that I learned the hard way that I DO want to use the soft field/short field techique.

CapeCodJay said:
JAX? Where abouts? I use to live in Mandarin, and worked in Ponte Vedra Beach.
Depending on how long ago you left, it may have been a never-neverland back then. just off of Beach Blvd/Hodges Rd intersection or, more broadly, a couple miles west of the Intracoastal at Jax Beach.

Jay, I guess I'll be flying your plane if I go!

mikea said:
...I DO want to use the soft field/short field techique.

Off topic, apologies, but this is a fairly common misconception.

There is no such thing as a soft field/short field technique. There is a soft field technique. There is a short field technique. The two are not the same, nor are they in any way related.

I'll be in a soft blue 1965 Piper Cherokee 180, N8816J

I'll be coming from Albuquerque. And I'll be tired, and probably have to pee.

SkyHog said:
I'll be in a soft blue 1965 Piper Cherokee 180, N8816J

I'll be coming from Albuquerque. And I'll be tired, and probably have to pee.

THAT makes it so much more special, more... personal. Thanks, Nick.

I'll be in a Beech Debonair with 300 snarling horsies. It loves the grass.

Depending on Money i'll either be in my warrior or Ed Gs mooney.
Dave

CapeCodJay said:

Same as last year... Skylane N271G from KMSN. Was hoping the club would have a nice Diamond Star for me to bring this year, but that'll have to wait until next year. :dunno:

Ed Guthrie said:
Off topic, apologies, but this is a fairly common misconception.

There is no such thing as a soft field/short field technique. There is a soft field technique. There is a short field technique. The two are not the same, nor are they in any way related.

So what will you do if you are flying out of a soft field that happens to be short too? :D

Greg Bockelman said:
So what will you do if you are flying out of a soft field that happens to be short too? :D

start praying. hard. :)

We will be coming up in Grandpa's 182!!

I would like to take the Cherokee over, but can't resist the power of the 182 out of Gaston's!

Attachments

• gastonsin182.jpg
    gastonsin182.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 12
Back