getting the details down to a final few:

1. order chart
2. buy tick spray
3. get lawn chair with awning/umbrella
4. clean belly (of airplane)
5. charge cam batteries
6. pack SoCo
7. try to remember how to unwind

8. Install Hoffmann 4 blade prop, and muffler for quiet dawn runway inspection passes :D

8. Install Hoffmann 4 blade prop, and muffler for quiet dawn runway inspection passes :D

Get ready Pete, I am going to wake you up at 6am Fri.........
by knocking on your door, so you can come up for the predawn patrol!

1. Pack shoulder-fired missiles
2. Notify front desk for 0630 wakeup call
3. Remove screen from window facing runway

Well crap, I really don't have time to wash the plane before Gaston's. I guess it's going to arrive dirty. :(

Seeing as I'm booked the rest of the week (and weekend) and Wednesday after work is going to pick up Adam from KLOM, it looks like it'd have to be Monday/Tuesday if it happens, unless the guys at KLOM want to do a plane washing party. ;)

i suppose i should buy charts too, and draw a line.

1) order charts
2) get ipc
3) pack clothes
4) sunscreen
5) don't crash

I'll plan on doing that magenta line. D->3M0. ;)

Actually, I'll need to plan a stop en route somewhere. Hmm... what's about 400 nm from Williamsport...

i need to remember to bake cookies too

I'll plan on doing that magenta line. D->3M0. ;)

Actually, I'll need to plan a stop en route somewhere. Hmm... what's about 400 nm from Williamsport...

There is one airport 400nm from KIPT enroute to Gastons: 17IN, Pruss.

At 350, you get some more choices:
OH66
1OA6
OH65
OA12
5OI0
OH95

Good luck

i would need a tow to ~63000 feet in order to do a straight glide to Gastons.

if i could make a 238 nm flight in my glider, that would be an astounding flight.

if i could make a 238 nm flight in my glider, that would be an astounding flight.

With great pucker factor, too. Not a lot of land-out options as you get closer to Gastons. But I'd still love to see you come down between those trees and put it on the grass. Diana could tow you out. Or better yet, Greg!!

yea all those trees in southern MO and arkansas make me nervous in an airplane. If i had to get a tow out of gastons it would be behind Kim's Bird Dog.

So I need to pack the 496 huh? :rolleyes:

Well, I wanted to have that along anyway for the weather bits. On a flight that long this time of year I will be somewhat surprised if we don't have some thunderstorm avoidance to do, and the 496 helps give a big picture even though I use the on-board radar and eye-dar for the closer stuff.

But, you seem to forget that my plane is currently at the avionics shop getting its magenta line installed. :D

There is one airport 400nm from KIPT enroute to Gastons: 17IN, Pruss.

At 350, you get some more choices:
OH66
1OA6
OH65
OA12
5OI0
OH95

Good luck

Thanks, Nick! I'll be looking up fuel prices and figure out a favorable place to stop.

Well, I wanted to have that along anyway for the weather bits. On a flight that long this time of year I will be somewhat surprised if we don't have some thunderstorm avoidance to do, and the 496 helps give a big picture even though I use the on-board radar and eye-dar for the closer stuff.

But, you seem to forget that my plane is currently at the avionics shop getting its magenta line installed. :D

Thanks, Nick! I'll be looking up fuel prices and figure out a favorable place to stop.

I thought it was getting a MGLOP

Think I should make cookies too? Hmm...what sounds good this year?

I thought it was getting a MGLOP

It already has the MGLOP, the Garmin 150 has a moving map on it. The MLOD upgrade comes with the KLN 94.

Back