Gaston's Room Share Thread

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Its been reported on purple that all of the cabins are reserved for the weekend. Leah and I plan on attending. Who still has an empty room?

:incazzato:Oh no!!! Lazy me... shoot...

I will post my name here in the room needed list.

I'll take a room/couch/floor/whatever. :)

Its been reported on purple that all of the cabins are reserved for the weekend. Leah and I plan on attending. Who still has an empty room?

I called and reserved wednesday, as of 3pm or so they had a few left open but they were at the far end away from the main buildings.

Last edited:
I think it is possible to get a ride to town each nite/morning to motels in town - if it gets to the crunch and no cabins can be found. Can anyone verify/refute?

And let's remember, there are many flying from far far away...if weather is a factor there are always last minute openings.

We have people committed from Boston to Montana and Oregon...hopefully they'll all make it in...but stuff happens...

And let's remember, there are many flying from far far away...if weather is a factor there are always last minute openings.
Happens every year, unfortunately for the ones who can't come, but good for those who needed a room/cabin and got one at the last minute.

i understand that there are always last minute cancellations. If I was coming alone, like the last couple years, i wouldnt sweat it until the last minute, like i usually do. Since Leah is coming this year, I cant really just crash on a couch this time, so I was hoping to arrange a bed ahead of time.

i understand that there are always last minute cancellations. If I was coming alone, like the last couple years, i wouldnt sweat it until the last minute, like i usually do. Since Leah is coming this year, I cant really just crash on a couch this time, so I was hoping to arrange a bed ahead of time.
When I talked to Gaston's two days ago, they still had rooms in the two-story hotel style building and many of the duplex/ultra duplex cottages that have separate bedrooms. You might check today and see what's left. :)

I understand completely, Tony. Girlfriends and wives get cranky when there is no shower...

We have people committed from Boston to Montana and Oregon...hopefully they'll all make it in...but stuff happens...

You never know. Some gal who lives close evidently got lost a while back, took all day to get there. I think she blamed it on the weather.

I understand completely, Tony. Girlfriends and wives get cranky when there is no shower...

exactly. and if im going to be sleeping with her id rather that she be not cranky in a comfortable bed instead of cranky in a sleeping bag on the floor.

of course, leah has gone as long as 50 days without showering, so maybe its no big deal.

exactly. and if im going to be sleeping with her id rather that she be not cranky in a comfortable bed instead of cranky in a sleeping bag on the floor.

Mine is more even tempered--she's cranky all the time. But she's not coming, so that problem is taken care of.

of course, leah has gone as long as 50 days without showering, so maybe its no big deal.

She's not planning another sabbatical starting in late April, is she?

Mine is more even tempered--she's cranky all the time. But she's not coming, so that problem is taken care of.

hopefully i have a few years before i get to that point

Just for the record that was during a 50 day canoe trip in the Canadian Tundra (100 miles south of the artic circle). She normally isn't that dirty. Lol :)

UPDATE: Whew, a sigh of relief, I just got a room. :yes: They had rooms in their 2-story building. As of right now there is still at least one of those left if not more.

(I had to choose between a river view and an airstrip view, guess which I picked?)

There is also a 3 BR cottage available, but I didn't want to be in charge of that. It is the one with the fireplace.

The room I got has 2 beds and is only $85/night.

Huh.. That's opposite of what I expected. I thought she was against 'Car camping'?! How can she be ok with 'cabin camping'!? If you REALLY want to make her happy, give her a bed sheet and a fishing pole and say "have fun sweetheart, I'll come get you when we're ready to leave." She'll love you forever. :rofl::rofl:

I'll add my name to the list, not sure if I will be single or accompanied. I wasn't going to get a room till I know but it accompanined I could go for the 3bdrm and rent out the unused rooms... but I'm not ready to commit.

Funny, I'd have thought Leah would be right at home in a sleeping bag! ;)

Here is the map Diana posted on the Purple Board....

Attachments

• Gaston map.jpg
    Gaston map.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 28
Here is the map Diana posted on the Purple Board....
Thanks Gary. I have a better version of that. I need to make a few disclaimers with the map (like I did with the one I posted on the purple board. ;)). This map was given to me by the folks at the front desk a few years ago and I wrote a few names on it back then...since it was from a few years ago, those names aren't applicable now. The nicer handwriting in pencil (not mine :D) describes the type of lodging for that group of buildings.

Attachments

• Gaston's map.jpg
    Gaston's map.jpg
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 32
Hah! That map makes it look as if the aircraft tiedown area is southwest of the runway. In actuality, it extends up both sides of the runway to about cabin 20 after Friday morning! :)

Back