Gaston's quote book

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Put memorable and/or funny quotes here! I'll start.

"I don't have a hangover. I just have a headache." -Felix :rofl:

"Let's go commit aviation." -Spike

I wish I could remember what Missa said on Saturday at dinner that gave me the idea for starting this thread.

I wish I could remember what Missa said on Saturday at dinner that gave me the idea for starting this thread.

"Would you like a bite of my Monkey Love ?"

<From the desert menu, Monkey Love Cheese cake: Banana Cheese cake>

Last edited:
"Hey, it looks like a bird **** on your toes."

Heard over the radio:

On the flight of the bridesmaids on Friday
From the ground "We have a number for you to call advise ready to copy"
Kent "I already have all their numbers"

On Saturday:
When Ted was departing the Feild:
"Ted do you have the Mooney?"
"No, I'm flying the Aztec right now"
"No, do you have the Mooney traffic?"

No matter what anybody else might have said over the weekend, It's going to take a hell of a quote to bump that one from the top of the list.

"Would you like a bite of my Love Monkey?"

<From the desert menu, Love Monkey Cheese cake: Banana Cheese cake>

"Hey, it looks like a bird **** on your toes."
I wish we had pictures of our toe nail polish. We got so busy and distracted it didn't get done.

Too bad I didn't write down (I can't remember anything!) some of Kevin's comments as we were flying...he's a hoot. :D

And then there's Wayne and his knobs. :D

On Saturday:

that was pretty funny.

I really enjoyed Matt Sawhill's comment about the 195 prop being held on with one bolt at 600 ft-lbs. but you had to be at the last rainout at Gaston's (2 years ago?) to get it. I was cracking up in the birddog.

On Saturday:

This is the problem when you fly multiple planes. ;)

One more from Diana to Kent after my Citibera ride:

"She Squeaks when you turn her upside down"

There's a joke about that. Has to do with Dolphins.

One more from Diana to Kent after my Citibera ride:

"She Squeaks when you turn her upside down"

There were a whole bunch of Bockelman nuggets of wisdom, but I cannot remember any of them...

"Wow, this thing really is a brick!" -Every passenger I had as I was on final in the Aztec

Put memorable and/or funny quotes here! I'll start.

"I don't have a hangover. I just have a headache." -Felix :rofl:

"Let's go commit aviation." -Spike

"It's not funny!" -Felix in his typical accent while trying to stand up.

You're right, its hilarious!

that was pretty funny.

I really enjoyed Matt Sawhill's comment about the 195 prop being held on with one bolt at 600 ft-lbs. but you had to be at the last rainout at Gaston's (2 years ago?) to get it. I was cracking up in the birddog.

Hmm. Care to remind me?

BTW, it is a true statement as far as the prop bolt goes. As far as I know, there is no torque wrench that goes that high so it is a "Weight times Arm" exercise.

Hmm. Care to remind me?

BTW, it is a true statement as far as the prop bolt goes. As far as I know, there is no torque wrench that goes that high so it is a "Weight times Arm" exercise.

sawhill and I were waiting to take off. you were on downwind. I don't think you got it at first and replied with something like 'actually that is what holds my prop on'. and then i said 'thats like a 200lb man on a 3 foot wrench'. then i started laughing a lot.

I kind of enjoyed hearing all the chatter about avoiding the 'wet spot'. Hadn't heard that discussed much since my Ex left <g>

Best,

Dave

"Would you like a bite of my Monkey Love ?"

Haha, that was it! :rofl:

As I was taking off, someone (Steve?) said "Be sure to have them back by 5 tomorrow." :rofl:

On Saturday:

Heh - That was me too.

"Wow, this thing really is a brick!" -Every passenger I had as I was on final in the Aztec

Bill Jennings, IIRC, watching from the ground when the Aztruck was on final: "He ought to call that thing the AzRock!"

when we were flying i told ted the aztec had approximated a steinway on approach. he seemed to get a kick out of that.

More from Ted:
After getting a score of 2-3-? on his first landing at Gastons and then departing.
"Gastons Traffic Aztec is returning to the Dam apprach to try and get a better score"

Upon seeing the score for the second landing a 6-6-6
"Yes, I am in fact the devil"

On CTAF after Greg's tailwheel found the puddle:
"I didn't mean to do that."

On CTAF after Greg's tailwheel found the puddle:
"I didn't mean to do that."

Somehow, just knowing the sound of Greg's voice makes that funny. :D

As witnessed by the final approach to Wings Wednesday night before Gastons!! by the welcoming party :eek:

Yeah, now that was a fun story.

Another aircraft was coming into Wings at the same time that I was. Wings field has a slightly high traffic pattern anyway, and as I'm turning final he's reporting the same position as me 300 ft below, neither of us has the other in sight. I'm a bit high for final (on top of high for the higher than standard pattern) and go to climb. He then says he spots me, and tells me to go first, he'll follow after. Fairly shortish final, still pretty darn high above the runway. Full brick mode approach, and it was actually a pretty smooth landing (although the wheels didn't touch down until a bit down the runway). I'm told everyone on the ground was going "Is he actually going to make it?!" and then were amazed when it happed.

Turns out the other traffic was a helicopter, which he didn't announce. The pilot comes up to me afterwards and asks to speak for me to a minute. He profusely apologized for the situation, took full responsibility, and said I did everything right. He had forgotten to state he was a helicopter, hence the confusion.

He then said "But that was the coolest approach I've ever seen in an Aztec!" Apparently he and his co-pilot were both watching going "Holy ****, is he going to make it? He is!" The patient on the stretcher in the helicopter wanted to see. I'm told it was quite a show, I'd like to see the video. :)

"It's not funny!" -Felix in his typical accent while trying to stand up.

You're right, its hilarious!

"This is stupid...I can't get up" -- Also from Felix in his typical accent while trying to stand up...and our response as Tristan already stated, "It's not funny!"

And yes, Tristan, it was hilarious.

Probably the samething she said at the FlyBQ dinner

I'm sorry I'm so sorry bluemniofarfthne mexicahetoh twnmooch tekilah

Sounds like the "Buh-weet Sings" albums from the old SNL skit. I think Buh-weet was more intelligible, however.

Sounds like the "Buh-weet Sings" albums from the old SNL skit. I think Buh-weet was more intelligible, however.

"Nookin for nub in aw duh wong pwaces... nookin for nub.."

To Missa: "Oh, sorry, I didn't recognize you without the playing card stuck to your forehead!"

I understand there's a photo that explains all, but the Diana Treaty prevents posting it...

To Missa: "Oh, sorry, I didn't recognize you without the playing card stuck to your forehead!"

I understand there's a photo that explains all, but the Diana Treaty prevents posting it...

Oh, it's not that bad. It's just Missa with a not-unflattering smile on... Oh, and the five of spades stuck to her forehead.

I'll happily post it, with Missa's permission of course. If she doesn't give permission, maybe I'll have to post the other one. :D :rofl:

No, Troy, it's not the "Diana Treaty," it's the Diana DOCTRINE."

Oooh, I forgot the first one.

Pete and I had just arrived, and Pete had just shut down the engine. I forget what he was talking about, but it started with "Imagine if blah blah blah" and continued for a bit, with Pete making motions like we should be getting out of the airplane.

Me: "Imagine turning off the master switch." :rofl:

(And yes, we've all BTDT!)

Heard over the radio:

And of course, after I landed, the scores were 10 ? 10

"Sorry Kent, those 10's are for the girls."

Back