Gaston's Poker Run 2011

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
The event is coming back for its 4th time! A few new airports, including the new KBBG (and YES, we got the landing/handling fees waived!!). This year's route is out to the west. Click here to see the route and airports. 4M1 (Carroll County) is just over 50nm away from 3M0, so you can log the whole thing as X/C if you like! ;-) The manager at 4M1, Perry, is the proud owner and pilot of a Super Cub... can't wait to fly in and see it.

Fuel discounts are being arranged at this time, and are being negotiated to include purchases by ANY of our fly-in participants, not just those that participated in the poker run activity. More importantly, I'm negotiating the discounts to be available when we leave Gaston's to head home... Friday-Tuesday. Tanker up on the way out, at a discount!

A couple of the airports are also making courtesy cars and a list of their favorite "hole in the wall" restaurants available, so you can run into town for lunch or dinner if you like.

More details to follow, including the usual rules document... I'm just waiting on the discount info, validating who our judges will be, and so forth. Let the games begin! :cheerswine:

Providing some additional details about one of our featured stops for this year. Please note some of the unique amenities/courtesies that have been extended, and help support KBBG and the FBO there!

Branson Airport (KBBG)

RUNWAY 14/32: 7140 x 150, concrete grooved, excellent condition
CONTROL TOWER IN OPERATION 7AM - 9PM LOCAL, 128.15
UNICOM for Branson Jet Center - 122.95
LANDING / HANDLING FEES WAIVED BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT,
IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS A POKER RUN PARTICIPANT TO THE FBO!!

Branson Jet Center - Kurtis Goerlich
130 Wright Brothers Rd.
Hollister, MO 65672
Phone (417) 334-8079
Cell (479) 787-3657
Hours: 7:00am to 7:30pm 7 days week

Amenities/Courtesies: Kurtis has provided twenty fuel discount coupons, worth 50 cents off per gallon from the retail price, valid June 9-15. These coupons are available first-come/first-serve, and will be available at the flight line picnic tables. A courtesy car is available for up to three hours for those that want to travel into Branson for food or entertainment. Kurtis recommends Famous Dave’s BBQ on the field or Murder Rock Country Club a couple miles away for even better views, food, and golf. One of Branson Jet Center’s more unique amenities is a golf chipping range on site, free for pilots to use, irons and carts are available, so you don’t need to bring your own.

If you're planning on doing the poker run, please let me know here... trying to gauge participation level before prepping cards envelopes and overnighting them to FBOs. I know some of our regulars won't be there this year, so doing a "sanity check". ;)

If you're planning on doing the poker run, please let me know here... trying to gauge participation level before prepping cards envelopes and overnighting them to FBOs. I know some of our regulars won't be there this year, so doing a "sanity check". ;)
Wait wait wait...who won't be there??? I know Steve and Grant aren't planning on attending, but are there others?

Me, please! :) Planning on stopping for a shopping and spa break in Branson, but will finish all the airports on the coolest day of the weekend.

:rofl: Wishful thinking, huh?? :rofl:

Me, please! :) Planning on stopping for a shopping and spa break in Branson, but will finish all the airports on the coolest day of the weekend.

Isn't that what the spa is for...getting out of the heat for awhile? :)

And don't forget to bring your nail polish to Gaston's! :)

Game's on. I'm prepping and shipping cards next weekend.

IMG_0247-1.jpg

Can't hardly wait to collect my money (again!) :yes:

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is prepped and ready for a great time in the Ozarks again. I wanted to stop by as we always do and let everyone know that Fly Arkansas, LLC is proud to be a Poker Run participant again this year. As some of you know we have two facilities, KHRO and KBPK (Mountain Home).

We are offering flyin participants (not just poker run) fuel for $4.90/gallon out of our trucks at either facility. This should be the best price throughout all of the poker run locations and anywhere in the neighboring area. This also beats the self serve prices at all of the locations as well. Please identify yourself as a Gaston's or PoA Flyin participant and our employees will be glad to honor the price.

We recently renovated our Harrison, HRO, facility, please stop in and enjoy some popsicles, popcorn, or fresh iced tea! We have crew cars at both facilities as well as a Subway restaurant on site at BPK, the restaurant is open every day except Sunday.

Our facility in Mountain Home will have an on call mechanic available if anyone needs anything while they are in town. It's about a 15 minute drive to Gaston's if anyone does need help. Our Mountain Home facility also stocks all piston and turbine oils, greases, spark plugs, filters, charts and for anyone interested we'll offer a 10% discount off retail for all of those!

03131.gif

Please review the above graphic for those of you unfamiliar with Mountain Home's airport. There are two FBOs, we are located at the blue roofed airline terminal building on the upper ramp. The other FBO is very expensive and likely to charge you ramp/facility fees if you do stop there, please be careful. I look forward to meeting everyone!

00629.gif

Above is our location at the Harrison (HRO) airport.

Great Flying!

-Taylor

Taylor Scott
Managing Member
gold.gif

BPK Office: (870) 481-6222
HRO Office: (870) 741-4510
http://www.flyarkansas.com

If it's still thunderstormy at 9pm, meet at the office covered drive thru, instead of at the flight line. While flying today, I picked up two extra sets of three cards... You can buy in for $20 with one of those sets if you didn't get to fly for cards. First come, first served!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Game will be in cabin 67 around 10pm, when the dinner run returns.

Eight players...

First place, Teresa with a full house, Kings and Fives.

Second place, Brook, two pair, Kings and sevens.

Third place, Lynn, pair of Kings.

Other non-placing "hands" were Spike with a pair of fives Julie with a pair of Queens.

So, did all the winners actually fly the route, or did they buy hands from Troy? I hope the former, because the flying is the fun part of it! Congratulations in any case, LADIES (and counselor).

Spike cheated.

I flew the route on Friday afternoon and also picked up hands for others that didn't have airplanes to fly it themselves. :D 3rd place ($32.00) for the second year in a row! :yes: The new airport in Branson (KBBG) is nothing short of fabulous. We got lunch delivered to us at the FBO since we had our dog Nikki with us and she wouldn't have been welcome in the restaurant. Everyone was helpful, friendly, and loved my dog. Obviously a place worth revisiting!

I flew the route on Friday afternoon and also picked up hands for others that didn't have airplanes to fly it themselves. :D 3rd place ($32.00) for the second year in a row! :yes: The new airport in Branson (KBBG) is nothing short of fabulous. We got lunch delivered to us at the FBO since we had our dog Nikki with us and she wouldn't have been welcome in the restaurant. Everyone was helpful, friendly, and loved my dog. Obviously a place worth revisiting!

I hope somebody got pictures of the interior of that VERY unique FBO!

Back